• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Took Form 1 this morning...scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Fowler

55 OAR, and three 7's.

Above average but nothing to write home about, especially given my crappy GPA. I'll probably re-take it in January (figure I can study my ass off for it over winter break since I won't have anything else to worry about academically--this wasn't the best time to take it as I have all kinds of crap due for school in the pre-Thanksgiving rush).

KurnlReb

I took Form 1 yesterday. My recruiter was pretty pumped about my scores, but he didn't explain the percentiles or anything. What is OAR? Is it "Officer Aptitude Rating"? What about the other acronyms?

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
the only other Acronymn in the previous post was GPA = Grade Point Average.

Which acronyms are you specifically asking about?

Kobyra

version2point0

oar is officer aptitude rating yes. man, with the scores you guys keep saying suck, i totally wonder how i ever got in!

scores 3's and 4's OAR 45 GPA 3.08 and i got accepted for pilot!

-v2.0

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Depends if you're a Navy or USMC applicant...the Marine Corps won't take less than a 6 on PFAR/FOFAR...the Navy takes 4's...

KurnlReb

I was referring to the acronyms for the scores on the ASTB. I only briefly got to see my scores after I took Form 1 yesterday. From left to right, it was 8, 9, 8, 8. I know the middle two were PFAR & NFAR respectively, but I'm not sure what the other two were. Any help?

wigs_34

v2.0,

were your recommendations good or what? not busting on you, but from what I've heard, you need better scores than that too. but, i enjoy hearing that i guess, my chances might be better than thought. just wondering if another part of your application that really picked up your package as a whole.

Yea, when did you get in? I got all 7s and have a 3.0GPA and I was rejected twice so far for NFO. First time I applied was in May, second time in September. :(

Alex Fowler

Congrats Pensador.

Unfortunately my GPA kinda sucks (mid-2 range, altho I'll have it up to around 3, hopefully above 3, by the end of my first semester of senior year) so I'm looking to get straight 9s on the ASTB, at least on AQR and PFAR.

NavyOCS

What kind of aviation questions were on the test? Was the question set kind of like the study guide by Arco, or were they totally different. In other words, is the arco book a piece of **** for that section? Thanks.

morrisbj

I recently took the ASTB for the Marine Corps. The OSO said I scored a 7 6 and didn't really explain what that meant. He simply said I passed and to pass you need a 5 4. How is this score in comparison with others?

version2point0

yeah i dont know. i heard my letters of rec were pretty good, but i never got to read them. ive been in for about a year and it did take me 2 shots before getting accepted, but you bet im working my butt off now to make people proud. honestly those are my scores and my OCS date is next month so... take it for what its worth :)

-v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.