• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Too many aircraft in the Marine Corps?

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Neller has never been confused for a thinker by anyone. It saddens me that he gets to run his mouth and get published when there are two legitimate geniuses that are current/ very recent Marine leaders higher than him in DoD. Different jobs, I get it, but Dunford and Mattis are light years beyond that guy.

Have you guys been dealing with the Basic Skills Test bullshit yet? If not, get ready for that ass pain. This moron commandant is taking out mechanics out of the hangar to do MCT-esque crap wasting countless man hours that should be spent repairing aircraft. For those of you in MAG-31, I would be interested to hear how you are getting your maintainers to do all the land nav/ etc. Parris Island? Driving folks up to Camp Lejeune? Maybe the grunts will come to our hangar and fix airplanes since all the Basic Skills Test shit is stuff they already do each day.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Neller has never been confused for a thinker by anyone. It saddens me that he gets to run his mouth and get published when there are two legitimate geniuses that are current/ very recent Marine leaders higher than him in DoD. Different jobs, I get it, but Dunford and Mattis are light years beyond that guy.

Have you guys been dealing with the Basic Skills Test bullshit yet? If not, get ready for that ass pain. This moron commandant is taking out mechanics out of the hangar to do MCT-esque crap wasting countless man hours that should be spent repairing aircraft. For those of you in MAG-31, I would be interested to hear how you are getting your maintainers to do all the land nav/ etc. Parris Island? Driving folks up to Camp Lejeune? Maybe the grunts will come to our hangar and fix airplanes since all the Basic Skills Test shit is stuff they already do each day.
Old ideas dressed up as new ideas. Gen Gray wanted to do the same thing pre Desert Storm.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
For those of you in MAG-31, I would be interested to hear how you are getting your maintainers to do all the land nav/ etc. Parris Island? Driving folks up to Camp Lejeune? Maybe the grunts will come to our hangar and fix airplanes since all the Basic Skills Test shit is stuff they already do each day.

I would just put some red boxes around the hanger, like one in each corner. If you start in the middle and find the red box in the SW corner along a bearing of 225ish for 50ish meters you pass...

jmcquate

Contributor
Jesus..........is it just land nav, or are they playing additional infantry reindeer games. It's like a retroactive TBS for enlisted air wing.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Jesus..........is it just land nav, or are they playing additional infantry reindeer games. It's like a retroactive TBS for enlisted air wing.

http://www.marines.mil/News/Message...on-of-the-revised-battle-skills-test-program/

It's like TBS/MCT over again...

The 30 skills of BST Program are:
4.C.5.A. Basic Infantry skills:
Conduct observation
Defend a position
Describe the use of deadly force
Employ a map and compass
Handle detainees
Identify anomalies
Perform actions with a service rifle
Perform immediate action upon contact with the enemy
Perform weapons handling procedures with a service rifle
Search an individual
Stand a sentry post
Visually identify indicators of improvised explosive devices
4.C.5.B. Communications:
Communicate using hand and arm signals
Operate a VHF radio
Submit a message
4.C.5.C. First Aid:
Apply a tourniquet
Describe phases of tactical combat casualty care
Treat a cold weather injury
Treat a heat injury
4.C.5.D. History:
Identify significant events in Marine Corps history
Identify the historical significance of Marine Corps uniform items
4.C.5.E. Leadership:
Apply the components of the decision cycle (OODA loop)
Describe Marine air-ground task force organizations
Describe operational security
Describe stresses of combat
Describe The Code of Conduct
Describe rights of a prisoner of war
Prepare for combat
4.C.5.F. Uniform Code of Military Justice:
Describe Article 15, Non-Judicial Punishment
Describe Article 31, Rights of the Accused

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The commandant heard “Reduce the admin bullshit and offer a large, flexible bonus to retain pilots”

What we got is a new annual requirement for a 180,000 person trivia contest. And a two year $40k bonus that they were too stupid to even offer only to those able to leave. The two guys I know who took it were already obligated to serve that time, so it’s literally free money. Great job, USMC.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
The commandant heard “Reduce the admin bullshit and offer a large, flexible bonus to retain pilots”

What we got is a new annual requirement for a 180,000 person trivia contest. And a two year $40k bonus that they were too stupid to even offer only to those able to leave. The two guys I know who took it were already obligated to serve that time, so it’s literally free money. Great job, USMC.

We’re gonna be the only service that trains ourselves into irrelevance.

I can’t wait to be judged by a grunt because I think this is a waste of time.

jmcquate

Contributor
We’re gonna be the only service that trains ourselves into irrelevance.

I can’t wait to be judged by a grunt because I think this is a waste of time.
Remind him who put the Hellfire on the Haji trying to kill him, then ask ask how to shoot an azimuth with an lensatic.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
It just really cannot be overstated how stupid this is. Right at the time when we need to fix airplanes, get pilots up to normal flight hour levels, and get healthy after surging for 15 years to fight a counterinsurgency.

Instead we get fuck-fuck games. From my limited vantage point, the people just cannot leave this organization any faster at this point. Its like a movie scene with empty chairs spinning as people run for the exits.

Breath 1: "We have too many airplanes and not enough people to fix them."
Breath 2: "Send all those Marines fixing airplanes out to the land nav course and radio prac app for the next couple days. Planes will fix themselves."