• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Told by recruiter today that I can skip the board and be directly admitted with my ASTB score, could this be true?

Praying4Pilot

SNA Selectee
yea, if you look in the thread about on the April 2024 board its discussed in more depth. So far what we know is that the requirements are that you get a 6/6/6 for nfo or a 7/7/7 for pilot, pass MEPS with no waivers, and are willing to ship out immediately. It seems to be that every Friday they send out the acceptances so you would probably hear back pretty quickly. However, this all seems to be hearsay compiled from people digging through paperwork and from what different recruiters have said. No one on here (as far as I am aware) has been selected yet so we do not have any confirmation on how exactly it works. It seems even recruiters are not 100% sure how it works yet.
Yes I have heard the exact same thing. I scored quite highly on the ASTB, and was told about the immediate selection. Later I found out it is dependant on MEPS (no waivers), GPA, ASTB scores and if you are immediately able to ship out (which I was/am not).

The most interesting thing my recruiter has told me is that only 1 person per NTAG can be 'nominated' for immediate pilot selection per board.
Even more surprising is that I have been told only 2 out of the ~40 applicants for immediate pilot selection were actually accepted. The other 38 supposedly being dropped back down into the pool with all other candidates (not rejected entirely).

So as far as I understand it, it is hard to qualify for, even harder to be the 1 nominee, and even after all of that it stills goes to the board who can say no...

This is information I have been told by several officer recruiters, I find it odd. If anyone has heard contrary information or knows anything more I'd like to hear.
Thanks.
JM

exNavyOffRec

Yes I have heard the exact same thing. I scored quite highly on the ASTB, and was told about the immediate selection. Later I found out it is dependant on MEPS (no waivers), GPA, ASTB scores and if you are immediately able to ship out (which I was/am not).

The most interesting thing my recruiter has told me is that only 1 person per NTAG can be 'nominated' for immediate pilot selection per board.
Even more surprising is that I have been told only 2 out of the ~40 applicants for immediate pilot selection were actually accepted. The other 38 supposedly being dropped back down into the pool with all other candidates (not rejected entirely).

So as far as I understand it, it is hard to qualify for, even harder to be the 1 nominee, and even after all of that it stills goes to the board who can say no...

This is information I have been told by several officer recruiters, I find it odd. If anyone has heard contrary information or knows anything more I'd like to hear.
Thanks.
JM
MEPS has nothing to do with it.

What you were told does not align with the PA.

Immediate shipping is subjective, in normal times it would mean within 3 months.

1707981429595.png

Ninja

SNA Select

Thanks.
JM
I'll have to second this, even with no waivers, 8/8/8, and a good gpa, my recruiter said they could only nominate one person per board. What kind of sucks is that currently my recruiter has two SNA applicants, and he said because they felt confident I would get picked up and the other guy may not, they gave him the immediate selection. Which I guess on one hand could be looked as a 'compliment' so-to-speak toward my package. On the other hand someone who performed worse (on paper) gets the golden ticket in. Clearly not the end of the world but certainly has been an interesting perspective.

exNavyOffRec

I'll have to second this, even with no waivers, 8/8/8, and a good gpa, my recruiter said they could only nominate one person per board. What kind of sucks is that currently my recruiter has two SNA applicants, and he said because they felt confident I would get picked up and the other guy may not, they gave him the immediate selection. Which I guess on one hand could be looked as a 'compliment' so-to-speak toward my package. On the other hand someone who performed worse (on paper) gets the golden ticket in. Clearly not the end of the world but certainly has been an interesting perspective.
This is probably a self imposed thing by the command as the PA is quite clear, it is not the first time recruiting districts have decided to do things their own way and ended up hurting themselves in the long run.

maxk

Thanks.
JM
I got picked up through this program, and I wasn’t submitted to the board or anything. I highly doubt I am the only person for this board cycle that will be selected right?

rhansenwa13

All the info here is great, while confusing. I am currently stationed in Hawaii, enlisted. Joined with a masters degree but went the BUD/s route first and separating in May, proceeding with (hopefully) auto select program immediately following separation. Have the GPA, no waivers and a 63/8/7/7. From someone currently in, while not in aviation I will say that the military essentially revolves around directives that few people actually know all the ins/outs about. My recruiter is a helo pilot and he doesn’t even know how the process truly works even after reaching out to various other sources. Having said that, they are still probably the best bet for info. Have any of you learned anything new or heard back about anything since the last posts??

rhansenwa13

I got picked up through this program, and I wasn’t submitted to the board or anything. I highly doubt I am the only person for this board cycle that will be selected right?
Got picked up via auto select?? Any other insight you might have for how that process worked/what the recruiter said that differs from others posts that might help clarify things for us?

All the info here is great, while confusing. I am currently stationed in Hawaii, enlisted. Joined with a masters degree but went the BUD/s route first and separating in May, proceeding with (hopefully) auto select program immediately following separation. Have the GPA, no waivers and a 63/8/7/7. From someone currently in, while not in aviation I will say that the military essentially revolves around directives that few people actually know all the ins/outs about. My recruiter is a helo pilot and he doesn’t even know how the process truly works even after reaching out to various other sources. Having said that, they are still probably the best bet for info. Have any of you learned anything new or heard back about anything since the last posts??
I know someone people said they might not be eligible for it if they were not able to leave right away. Don't know how true this is and May really isn't that far away.

I think most recruiters are new to this program as the last time they did this (from my understanding) was 2019. I was able submit for it last week after previously being told they are no longer accepting applicants for the I-SEL as they met their goal for pilot slots FY24 (told this mid January). Don't know if this changed somehow or what exactly is going on.

I'll try to keep my process up-to-date here. I also applied for the regular board in April just in case this program didn't work out.

rhansenwa13

I know someone people said they might not be eligible for it if they were not able to leave right away. Don't know how true this is and May really isn't that far away.

I think most recruiters are new to this program as the last time they did this (from my understanding) was 2019. I was able submit for it last week after previously being told they are no longer accepting applicants for the I-SEL as they met their goal for pilot slots FY24 (told this mid January). Don't know if this changed somehow or what exactly is going on.

I'll try to keep my process up-to-date here. I also applied for the regular board in April just in case this program didn't work out.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who will appreciate hearing how it goes. The directive put out in November is so clear cut, do this, get that, making it a little hard to believe fully. At the same time though until something gets put out officially saying otherwise, that document is the best bet. Then again, it is the Navy sooooo who really knows

Got the good news this past Wednesday from the I-SEL process. I also noticed a few others on here were slected as well so turns out they are still doing it. I was given April 14th which is a bit sooner than expected but attempting to make it work 😬

I submitted my pilot application to the board on 3/11 for automatic processing and received news yesterday, 3/26 that I was selected. Provided an earliest start date of 7/15 and was notified of a 7/21 date for OCS. I didn’t need a waiver, had a college GPA > 3.0 and scored higher than 7/7/7 on ASTB, which I was told were the qualifications for automatic selection.

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring here, I was submitted for I-SEL because I met all the requirements, but I was still pushed back to the competitive board based on my admittance to smoking weed 7 years ago (in a state where it's legal), according to my recruiter today. Still allegedly have a strong package with a PPL, 61 8/9/8, but now I'm pretty scared. I guess honesty is still the best policy, but damn it stings, ha ha.

cv66co

I spoke personally to the Aviation Community Manager (CDR) about a month ago asking about this program. He told me if your application package shows the required 777 or 666 and no waivers needed— it doesn’t go to the board. The offer is to go to OCS is made.