• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Told by recruiter today that I can skip the board and be directly admitted with my ASTB score, could this be true?

I took the ASTB today and did pretty well for my first try (7/7/7) I was very happy as it was. After I finished I was talking to the recruiter and he told me that as of 2 weeks ago that score would be high enough to be accepted as a Naval Aviator without actually submitting to the board, so long as I make it through medical. I was quite surprised and even more elated by with this news; although I am skeptical. I took the exam at a normal enlisted recruiting center rather than a officer recruiting center as well and the recruiter told me that it would start with the aviation portion rather than the OAR portion so I decided it is best to check in here if anyone else has heard this. I haven't been able to find anything online either.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I took the ASTB today and did pretty well for my first try (7/7/7) I was very happy as it was. After I finished I was talking to the recruiter and he told me that as of 2 weeks ago that score would be high enough to be accepted as a Naval Aviator without actually submitting to the board, so long as I make it through medical. I was quite surprised and even more elated by with this news; although I am skeptical. I took the exam at a normal enlisted recruiting center rather than a officer recruiting center as well and the recruiter told me that it would start with the aviation portion rather than the OAR portion so I decided it is best to check in here if anyone else has heard this. I haven't been able to find anything online either.

Did you find the actual program authorization?

IRfly

None
Did you find the actual program authorization?
Is that not what @MotorCookie posted the link to?

I saw this in a LinkedIn post by a PERS admiral a few weeks ago. I like the idea--they analyzed board results and came up with a set a criteria which, if met by a candidate, essentially made them an auto-select. So skip the board and bring them in.

We're actually making moves in the right direction!

exNavyOffRec

Is that not what @MotorCookie posted the link to?

I saw this in a LinkedIn post by a PERS admiral a few weeks ago. I like the idea--they analyzed board results and came up with a set a criteria which, if met by a candidate, essentially made them an auto-select. So skip the board and bring them in.

We're actually making moves in the right direction!
They have done this before, the difference is this time it seems like they are going down the right path with it.

exNavyOffRec

What’s different from previous attempts?
From what I remember one of the times involved some sort of calculator that was a combination of GPA and ASTB, and I believe it resulted in people with high GPA's and lower ASTB's getting picked up, that didn't go along with what the normal boards were picking.

This time what they are doing make sense based on what the boards have historically picked for.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
From what I remember one of the times involved some sort of calculator that was a combination of GPA and ASTB, and I believe it resulted in people with high GPA's and lower ASTB's getting picked up, that didn't go along with what the normal boards were picking.

This time what they are doing make sense based on what the boards have historically picked for.

My buddy got picked up during that time, he told me it was a computer that auto selected based off GPA and ASTB…

Ninja

SNA Select
I took my ASTB around the same time as you and met all the requirements for auto select in that PA-106 document. Have you heard anything else from your recruiter on this?

I took my ASTB around the same time as you and met all the requirements for auto select in that PA-106 document. Have you heard anything else from your recruiter on this?
yea, if you look in the thread about on the April 2024 board its discussed in more depth. So far what we know is that the requirements are that you get a 6/6/6 for nfo or a 7/7/7 for pilot, pass MEPS with no waivers, and are willing to ship out immediately. It seems to be that every Friday they send out the acceptances so you would probably hear back pretty quickly. However, this all seems to be hearsay compiled from people digging through paperwork and from what different recruiters have said. No one on here (as far as I am aware) has been selected yet so we do not have any confirmation on how exactly it works. It seems even recruiters are not 100% sure how it works yet.

Ninja

SNA Select
yea, if you look in the thread about on the April 2024 board its discussed in more depth. So far what we know is that the requirements are that you get a 6/6/6 for nfo or a 7/7/7 for pilot, pass MEPS with no waivers, and are willing to ship out immediately. It seems to be that every Friday they send out the acceptances so you would probably hear back pretty quickly. However, this all seems to be hearsay compiled from people digging through paperwork and from what different recruiters have said. No one on here (as far as I am aware) has been selected yet so we do not have any confirmation on how exactly it works. It seems even recruiters are not 100% sure how it works yet.
Does it seem like the recruiters know if you're automatically considered for autoselect or do they have to 'submit' it officially in some format?

Meyerkord

pilot
This black magic has been happening since I was picked up 6 years ago. The board has a mind of its own. I remember my recruiter calling me on the day of the board and he told me “if you can leave in 2 weeks the spot is yours” whereas others had to wait for results.

It’s a tough game of waiting either way, but you’ll get your answer eventually. Best of luck!