• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To Those Seeking the ASTB Study Guide and gouge on what others used

kat27

Study a little each night. And don't forget to time yourself. Doing problems with a time limit is much more stressful. Practice tests help you learn how to slow down and avoid making stupid mistakes. I would say brush up on the Math because ppl don't do simple multiplication and division with out a phone or calculator... and get out of practice.

Semisonic9

Study a little each night. And don't forget to time yourself. Doing problems with a time limit is much more stressful. Practice tests help you learn how to slow down and avoid making stupid mistakes. I would say brush up on the Math because ppl don't do simple multiplication and division with out a phone or calculator... and get out of practice.

Speaking of this: Does anyone know where/how to get a few (more) older or practice versions and some answer keys for the ASTB to work on?

I know back in High School, the best prep I did for the SAT was to buy and work through a big book of practice tests. I timed myself, graded myself, etc. Brought my grade up from a 1230 to a 1480 (old system). Very helpful.

A

AlexSmart

atrickpay's personal study guide can be found somewhere on AW. Helped me out quite a bit, in terms of all of the important info packed neatly into one packet. I got a 8/9/9 - 60 today.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
hey man i havent been here long enough to be justified in jumping down your throat lol, but i just reposted atrickpay's study guide in the thread, aviation and nautical info a few days ago...it would also be found in the mega thread...it takes maybe 5 mins to find it on your own...

GIANTKILLER

ASTB Study book, free to download

If you are active duty Navy or Marine Corps, go to NKO, click on "learning" tab to go to learning page, click on "Peterson - Lifelong Learning Resource Center", it will take you to Peterson MWR, make an account, on the home page under "Tools for Military Success" click on
Military Flight Aptitude Tests prep and you can download their book for free. Cheers.

Book comes in PDF format, complete with reading material on each section of the test and practice exams, 384 pages.
DV

StuKline

Hi,
I am new here and getting ready to take my first ASTB test. I have been studying a lot and this site has definitely made me feel more confidant, but I was wanting to share some stuff I have found and I do not know if it has been shared yet or not, but for anyone that needs help in math I found KhanAcademy (just google it), but this guy is amazing. He does YouTube videos and then has a site that allows you to do the work. It has helped me a lot. While I am in my last class of college I have not done what I count as "real" math for a while.

I hope this helps and thank you to whoever is here serving this amazing country.

A salute to you.

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
Hey guys, I'm prepping for the ASTB now and the only useful section in the ARCO book according to that wonderful Marine Gouge we all know and love is the spatial apperception section. Well don't waste your time and money going out and buying the book because I found it posted online at Amazon. The entire spatial apperception section along with answers (at the end of the entire book) is included in the "take a look inside" preview. Just follow this link and scroll down until you find the spacial section, it helps out a ton for practicing.

Good luck!

http://www.amazon.com/Military-Flight-Aptitude-Tests-Tutor/dp/076891700X#reader_076891700X

Khalifah

If you are active duty Navy or Marine Corps, go to NKO, click on "learning" tab to go to learning page, click on "Peterson - Lifelong Learning Resource Center", it will take you to Peterson MWR, make an account, on the home page under "Tools for Military Success" click on
Military Flight Aptitude Tests prep and you can download their book for free. Cheers.

Book comes in PDF format, complete with reading material on each section of the test and practice exams, 384 pages.
DV

The link seems to be broken :/

do you have another?

Kanjelman7

Head to:

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5804

And look at the second post for the link to "ASTB Gouge.pdf"

Study hard! :icon_smil

~Nate

Hi, I can't reply in the thread that the link you posted provides because it is now closed...

...but I was wondering, since those files are from 6 year old posts, how relevant are they in the current ASTB format? I understand that all that information needs to be known anyway but for the sake of efficiency, which parts are still important for the ASTB?

Thanks!

cameron172

pilot
Hi, I can't reply in the thread that the link you posted provides because it is now closed...

...but I was wondering, since those files are from 6 year old posts, how relevant are they in the current ASTB format? I understand that all that information needs to be known anyway but for the sake of efficiency, which parts are still important for the ASTB?

Thanks!

Sure this gouge is six years old, but the ideas and concepts covered in it are the same ones tested today. It has concepts that the review books (Barron's/Arco) miss out on, so it definitely doesn't hurt to work through it. Hopefully you're not cramming a week before the test!

Kanjelman7

Thank you cameron172 for the reply :)

Would you happen to know the whereabouts of the Marine Prep Sheet aka "marine gouge"?

Unlike the other six year old gouges, the links for it (in the six-year old threads) are broken :(