• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To People That Have Recently Taken the ASTB

The computers in our district are experiencing a lot more lag than normal while taking the electronic ASTB. By lag, I mean a long load time between questions.

I am curious if other individuals noticed the same issues while taking their test. I need to understand if this is a site issue or an APEX ASTB issue.

Thank you.

Lobster

The computers in our district are experiencing a lot more lag than normal while taking the electronic ASTB. By lag, I mean a long load time between questions.

I am curious if other individuals noticed the same issues while taking their test. I need to understand if this is a site issue or an APEX ASTB issue.

Thank you.

I remember a little bit of lag between questions. The major thing that happend with my test is the computer locked up and came up with an error message in the middle of the math section. The computer and the test had to be restarted, luckily it was done in about 15 minutes and came back to the question I was on. My recruiter told me about another applicant he had a couple weeks later that the same thing happend to and they couldn't get it up for a couple hours. I'm out of NRD Philadelphia

nugget61

pilot
Mine lagged, but it wasn't a major concern - that said, I would estimate I lost about a minute per section because of the lagging ( during the lag my hourglass would still count down, yet the page wouldn't load - frustrating ). As to if it's normal or not, I've only tested once and can't say.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I took it in April and it lagged big time. I think it helped though because I didn't have time to second-guess myself.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
I took it in April in Madison, MS. Not much lag to speak of...maybe 5-10 seconds per page with one or two pages taking maybe 15-30 seconds.

The computer I used definitely lagged...While I finished the math section, I didnt have the time I wanted to go back and look at a couple questions. Annoying to say the least! I probably lost a minute or more due to loading issues - the time clock loaded just fine, the question lagged.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I can see how the time limit might be a concern, I am constantly running out of time doing the practice math section. Do you all feel like you finished the actual math section quicker than the practice tests?

Maybe the lag is on purpose to match the time it takes to bubble in your answers in pencil. :confused:

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I was actually told that since the clock has to refresh to show the time that you actually have more time instead of less. I checked it with my watch and it held true.

I was actually told that since the clock has to refresh to show the time that you actually have more time instead of less. I checked it with my watch and it held true.

This is absolutely correct. Once you click to go to the next question, your timer stops until the next question is displayed.

A 5 - 10 second lag is reasonable time for test takers. Anything over that, is excessive and is inexcusable for the USN.

Thanks for the responses, I got the info that I needed.

cgoetz

Yeah I thought it was just me but mine definately lagged. That server they must that they use at the ROTC building must be like stone age vintage. I think had it not lagged so much maybe I would have finished more questions on the math section. However it wasn't that big of an issue because I finished all the other sections under time. Definately annoying though.

BullGator

There is 1 question per page
Oh boy. Then a 5-15 second lag time would be HUGE, if the timer doesn't stop.

I'm taking it tomorrow. If it is a big difference (and I happen to "bomb it") I am going to request to take the paper version the second time. I would rather have an extra 300 seconds on the math section and have to wait 3 weeks, then get my score right away losing 300 seconds per 30 questions...

Now I may have a new question for my recruiter after the exam, "do you still offer the paper ASTB if your office has installed the computer version?" Damn, I hope it all goes smoothly so I don't need to do such a thing.