• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To future OCS candidates...

jess8890

What type of boots would you guys recommend getting just for training purposes? Like running hills and things like that?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
well like i said..Im a lights fan. Anytime I go running in boots and its not on trecherous terrain then I run in my lights. Any kind of hiking or anything where I know im going to be needing tread then I sport my jungles.

I keep my ICBs for inspection purposes. Im a PLCer so I dont personally see the need in keeping cold weather boots for anything other than inspection since im in Quantico over the summer.

Boots are a personal preference. While I praise the Lights, I can guarantee there is someone on this forum that absolutely hates them. Best thing for you to do is go on http://www.quanticoboot.com and just check out the boots and decide for yourself what would fit your needs the best.

MasterHaynes86

some good advice i found on another forum that houses OCS alumni and OCS prospects... i thought this was funny advice for a future candidate...

Here is some OCS advice. Deprive yourself of sleep. Scream all of your responses to people, and only speak when spoken too. Practice eating an entire meal in under 5 minutes without ever putting your hands on the table. After lunch every day, sit in a comfortable chair and watch the most boring thing possible on tv for 2 hours in air conditioning, and everytime you fall asleep have someone throw ice water in your face and scream at you. Load bricks into a backpack and go for 3 hour powerwalks. Find the nastiest, most foul mud puddle, piss in it and throw in some dead fish, then put on a long sleeve shirt and pants and crawl through it, putting your face halfway in the water. Oh, and be sure to practice holding a pack straight out in front of you until you almost cry. Then hold it out longer. And just when you can't take it anymore, when the light at the end of the tunnel is almost out, you are halfway there. Anything less and they would call it the air force.