• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TIMNS(?) to CFET in Lemoore from Corpus

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
MATSG-22 just told me they are sending me TIMNS to CFET in Lemoore instead of TAD. Basically, instead of a plane ticket both ways and detaching from Corpus after the training, I have a one way plane ticket to Lemoore and I detach the day I leave for training.

Has anyone done this before? Any hints or tips? Is it worth it to drive from Corpus to Lemoore, do 1 day of training, then drive to Meridian? They said I would get the mileage paid, but I am skeptical, and that sounds like a lot of driving.

Any insight would be appreciated.

MasterBates

So you have a 1 way plane ticket, your car is in Corpus.

How the hell do they expect you to get BACK to Corpus?

This does not pass my sanity check. An I-Stop on your PCS orders would make sense (if you were Navy) but when I have done that I have either moved to new command, flown to I stop and flown back on Govt dime, or done the flight out of the point of origin.

pourts

pilot
What is an I-stop?

They said I have to buy my own ticket back to Corpus, which will be expensive only 6 days in advance. The Navy still gets TAD, so tickets both ways.

Also, they said I could drive there, then drive to Meridian. Mileage would be paid (up to price of a govt plane ticket) to Lemoore, and I would be PCS-ing from Lemoore to Meridian.

Pilot123

pilot
This doesn't sound right at all. I have some friends who were going to SERE after winging. Their original orders had them going from Corpus to SERE to JAX. They asked how in the world they were supposed to make that work and it turned out someone f'ed up the orders and it shouldn't have been done that way. Should have read Corpus-Jax-SERE-Jax for them.

pourts

pilot
This doesn't sound right at all. I have some friends who were going to SERE after winging. Their original orders had them going from Corpus to SERE to JAX. They asked how in the world they were supposed to make that work and it turned out someone f'ed up the orders and it shouldn't have been done that way. Should have read Corpus-Jax-SERE-Jax for them.

Marine?

I don't think SERE is the same type of orders as CFET though. CFET is only 1, maybe 2 days. I selected in December and they didn't let me PCS until I do CFET a month and a half later. Meanwhile, the Navy who selected the same time PCS'd already and does CFET from meridian.

Junior

pilot
This does not sound right. I did TIMNS orders from Meridian to Lemoore for CFET back to Meridian to move household goods then to Lemoore for the RAG. Had a roun trip plane ticket. Talk to your Senior Marine first thing. Also, make your admin work for you. This could possibly be something as simple as the CTO only booking you a one way and your admin department giving it to you without QA'ing it.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
This does not sound right. I did TIMNS orders from Meridian to Lemoore for CFET back to Meridian to move household goods then to Lemoore for the RAG. Had a roun trip plane ticket. Talk to your Senior Marine first thing. Also, make your admin work for you. This could possibly be something as simple as the CTO only booking you a one way and your admin department giving it to you without QA'ing it.

CFET is one day; I most strongly suggest you get to Lemoore at least 48 hours prior to your CFET ride.

pourts

pilot
CFET is one day; I most strongly suggest you get to Lemoore at least 48 hours prior to your CFET ride.

Even with a plane ticket you fly out the day before the training. 48 hours is probably good in theory but hard to execute. As it stands now I will be driving 8 hours the day before. I'll see if they say something different tomorrow.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
That is totally f'd up. Make you drive to lemoore to do CFET enroute to meridian? Am I understanding this right? When I did it I flew to lemoore tuesday, spun wednesday, and flew home thursday. I did it from VT-6 and I went a good 3 weeks before I detached to come to Kingsville.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, they said I could drive there, then drive to Meridian. Mileage would be paid (up to price of a govt plane ticket) to Lemoore, and I would be PCS-ing from Lemoore to Meridian.

What retard suggested this?

Crowbar

None
IRAM said:
TEMINS ........... Temporary duty under instruction. Temporary duty at a formal school en route to new PDS.

Like everybody has said, this sounds like somebody somewhere assed the whole deal up. TEMINS is common, but having people pay part or all of their travel expenses with no reimbusement is not.

Have you seen your web orders? They should give you the details about where you're expected to go and when you have to be there. Ask admin to print out your web orders and explain them to you if you can't make sense of everything. That will help clarify things for you and them both.

Side note: Are you the first Marine there to have this problem or is it a recurring thing?

pourts

pilot
They called me yester day, one week before I do the training, saying that they just got new instructions form HQMC that CFET must be done as TEMINS, rather than TAD (the way they used to do it). So, I imagine I am one of the first doing it this way.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They called me yester day, one week before I do the training, saying that they just got new instructions form HQMC that CFET must be done as TEMINS, rather than TAD (the way they used to do it). So, I imagine I am one of the first doing it this way.

I still don't think everything is kosher, I have never heard of anyone being made to make their own way all the way across the country for training, no matter how incompetent PSD people sometimes are. Talk to your senior Marine, this doesn't smell right.

MasterBates

To echo what Flash said, have you talked to you Senior Marine yet?

This is not the time to go 'yut yut love the suck oohrah devil dog'

There is getting the mission done and there is stupidity. Guess where this falls.

Ask them to show where in thw JFTR you are required to do it like this.