• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TIMNS(?) to CFET in Lemoore from Corpus

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
It may be because if you flew there as an I-stop they would then have to fly you to Meridian which would not give you the opportunity to be re-imbursed for the mileage to move your car.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
This is the new way they are doing it. I am the guinea pig. The Master Sergeant and Chief Warrant Officer had a pow-wow to figure out how to do this based on the new change. Web orders haven't been created yet.

I had two choices:

1) govt airplane ticket to Lemoore and buy my own ticket back to Corpus, then pick up my car and drive to Meridian

2)drive (with per diem and mileage) to Lemoore, then drive from Lemoore to Meridian (with DITY payment for Corpus to Meridian mileage and weight). I get 4 days travel to Lemoore, 4 days to Meridian, and 4 days proceed.

I decided to drive because my hometown is 2 hours from Lemoore, and I am going to take leave enroute. I feel like I will be getting a little screwed for the mileage from Lemoore back to Corpus (because my car will be full of DITY weight and I won't be getting any mileage paid for that leg). But, I would rather do that than fly, and have to buy a one-way ticket 6 days in advance to get back to Corpus.

MasterBates

That's still fucked up.

Even if it's LEGAL it's not RIGHT to expect a guy to pay for tickets out of pocket and/or put 4000 miles on his car if he's not going anywhere near there on leave.

Ooohrahyutdevildog mentality at work.

Here is the sanity check I use for figuring out if admin crap is right. Would you make an E-1 fresh from boot do it? If no, then its probably AFU. For what I have read, the JFTR does not care if you are an E-1, O-10 or GS-99.

pourts

pilot
Thanks for all the responses. I didn't have much room to maneuver considering the short notice, and the CWO and Top were pretty adamant that it had to be done this way. If I had more time I might have pushed a little harder, but as it is I am starting the drive tomorrow.

I'll just bitch about it for another day or two, then throw it in with unpaid travel expenses for IFS that never happened. Hopefully everything that's supposed to get paid will be once I get to Meridian. Also, it should be much easier for the next guy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is the new way they are doing it. I am the guinea pig. The Master Sergeant and Chief Warrant Officer had a pow-wow to figure out how to do this based on the new change. Web orders haven't been created yet.

I had two choices.....

That's still fucked up.

Even if it's LEGAL it's not RIGHT.

I am completely with MB, this is just fucked up. Period. And I am still very dubious of its legality, I very seriously doubt that it would hold up under the light of day.

What I see is a command that has been directed to cut costs doing a shortcut that is going to cause nothing but pain for those who have to endure it. From what little information you have provided, this appears to be a failure of leadership. Plain and simple. I am also not surprised that they are doing this to flight students since they would be less likely to say anything, especially Marines.

pourts

pilot
Orders have been cut...today was my first day of travel...at least for me its over and done at this point.

Just for my own knowledges, how is TEMINS or training "enroute" normally done?

The real bellweather will be what happens once I get to Meridian in terms of travel allotments and DITY mileage. I suppose I could always raise a stink there after the fact. I just didn't have enough time to figure out what the heck was going on. Hopefully the guys who have to do this after me will be forewarned.

UMichfly

pilot
None
The wing admin ladies here in Meridian are very helpful and will probably do everything they can to help you but stand by to get a healthy dose of "What the Fvck?" from everyone here you deal with. That being said...see you at CFET next week. Hope 4 days of driving sets you up well for the centrifugal kick in the nuts we're in for then.