• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineapplehead

BDCP Crypto, OCS - July 9, 2005
You can search around here for a lot of information, but to apply you will need to talk to a recruiter. www.navy.com will provide a phone number to call for an officer recruiter, or you can call the local enlisted recruiter and ask them for the number to the officer recruiter (make sure you talk to an officer recruiter and not an enlisted recruiter).

You have to be a full-time student at your university for all long semesters - for most schools that is 12 credit hours/semester. Summers are free to do whatever (and you still get paid).

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
As far as I understand the program (Vette-Muscle or Ben would know better) you have to see your recruiter once a month to check in and make sure your alive, do a pft twice a year, and maintain a 3.0. Thats all. You dont warrent a uniform, but you get paid like an E-3 (as well as it counting as time in service I think).

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
You get E-3 +BAH +BAS... I get just over 2300/month. I contact my recruiter 2 times a month, once on the phone, once in person when we have a mini-training session for the guys in my program.

Semi-Annual PFT is given and the minimum GPA is 2.7.... but 2.7 wont get you in.

You can also make E-4/5 based on performance and recruiting. 2 semesters of deans list is an upgrade and recruiting someone is an upgrade. You also get E-5 when you graduate and havne't left for OCS yet.

hopingtojoin

College Freshman and Officer Hopeful
So you have let your recruiter know that you're still breathing and for when a "mini" training session is going on?That's not so bad.

FlyingDoc

That does sound nice....

Vette; I have a bunch of questions that link into eachother... can I IM you sometime to talk to you about them?

Thanks for the help!

hopingtojoin

College Freshman and Officer Hopeful
I have two more questions,for now.

1.What does it pay for?Tuition,obviously,but does it pay for room and board,books,etc?
2.Does it matter which college you do it at?Meaning,does the college have to be approved by the Navy?

pineapplehead

BDCP Crypto, OCS - July 9, 2005
You can do whatever you want with the money you are paid - mine easily covers tuition, housing and food, and the excess is mine to play with. :) You must go to an accredited 4-year college, but I'm not sure who it needs to be accredited by. Most 4-year schools are accredited.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
1. It is money in your pocket. It can be used for anything. It is a paycheck and your job is school.

2. As far as I know the college does not matter, but it might be a consideration in the selection. A small unknown college with a 3.3 GPA might not be as good as a 3.3 GPA at a well known place.

Note: I have not yet applied to BDCP or to the Navy and so I am speaking on what I have heard. (both on this site and from the recruiter) Vette or Ben or one of the many others would know better.

Kobyra

Status
Not open for further replies.