• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time off/leave between TBS & API

Fitz73Chrgr

My EDD from TBS on my web orders is Sep 15th and EDA to P'cola is Oct 15th. My question is whether I'll be charged leave during this period and if so, how much? At this point I should have 15 days saved up. If I take the full 30 days are they going to put me in the hole for leave days?

Also, are leave days required to go out of bounds for Thanksgiving and Christmas? I don't want to use all of my leave during this month off only to be stuck in FL during the holidays.

Thanks ion advance

dtxz

Looks Lost
pilot
You have PCS orders, yes? You'll probably have a combined 3 days travel, 4 days proceed for a total of 7 'free' days that the Marine Corps will give you to move down to Pensacola. Let's say you depart Centralia on the 15th. If you check-in to MATSG 21 NLT 22 Sep, you will retain your 15 days of leave. You will be charged one day of leave for every day after the 22nd until you check-in.

Checking-in consists of the GDO literally stamping your orders that say something along the lines of "Fitz73Chrgr checked in at X time on X day." That's how admin will know how many days of leave to charge you if you check in after the 22nd. You can check-in on the weekends. I would recommend going to MATSG 21 immediately upon arriving in Pensacola to avoid being charged days of leave.

Leave days are required to go 'out of bounds' past 300 miles (or to escape from possible duty assignments) during the holidays. You cannot go 'in the hole' either, so keep that in mind. Honestly, living in Pensacola is like being on vacation so I would recommend not taking any leave enroute from TBS. Save your leave for the holidays and time between Primary + Advanced or Advanced + FRS. After that (from what I'm told) leave opportunities are far and few between.

Erin M.

pilot
^ What he said.

You'll get PCS orders, and from what I remember I think his numbers of 3 days travel and 4 proceed are correct. Everyday after is charged as leave.

Aspro23

Slight thread jack, any Charlie Co. grads have word on the current IFS/API wait? The wife and I are expecting and little man is due the same week of graduation (I am in Delta), which is the second week of Dec. Ideally, if there is a wait, I would like to find something to do here on Quantico so that I am not moving with a newborn and a recovering wife right after the holidays. Any insight would be great, thanks.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Slight thread jack, any Charlie Co. grads have word on the current IFS/API wait? The wife and I are expecting and little man is due the same week of graduation (I am in Delta), which is the second week of Dec. Ideally, if there is a wait, I would like to find something to do here on Quantico so that I am not moving with a newborn and a recovering wife right after the holidays. Any insight would be great, thanks.

Let your request be known to your Platoon Commander and/or Mike company staff once you get there. They should be able to work with you on that. As long as you remember this is a request, and don't come off as an entitled prick, they will probably accomodate you.

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot

I just graduated Charlie CO and we were allowed to check into mike company and stick around until our report date to Pensacola. We had a month to make our way down there so if your in the same boat you should get a report date of Jan 15th and be able to stay in mike co until you need to move to FL to make your check in date.

Aspro23

I just graduated Charlie CO and we were allowed to check into mike company and stick around until our report date to Pensacola. We had a month to make our way down there so if your in the same boat you should get a report date of Jan 15th and be able to stay in mike co until you need to move to FL to make your check in date.
I really appreciate the response; even if only for a couple weeks it would be a relief to give us some recovery time before making the move. Delta is absolutely loaded with flight guys (around 120) so there is going to be a wave of us coming around that time. How long is the gap between check-in and actually beginning IFS or API?
Trying not to look too far ahead since we are only on FEX III's doorstep but a lot of dudes are bringing up vacation rentals/ extended hotel stays for the first couple weeks down there to try and figure out where to actually move. Essentially what I am saying is we are clueless so any more insight you can provide would be awesome.

OhTheHumidity

I really appreciate the response; even if only for a couple weeks it would be a relief to give us some recovery time before making the move. Delta is absolutely loaded with flight guys (around 120) so there is going to be a wave of us coming around that time. How long is the gap between check-in and actually beginning IFS or API?
Trying not to look too far ahead since we are only on FEX III's doorstep but a lot of dudes are bringing up vacation rentals/ extended hotel stays for the first couple weeks down there to try and figure out where to actually move. Essentially what I am saying is we are clueless so any more insight you can provide would be awesome.

Delta Co here. The word I've heard is that our wait could be anywhere between 3 and 6 months largely depending on your lineal standing within the company. I've heard rumors of picking up PTAD but also have heard its possible to pick up a maintenance platoon in the meantime. I'm sure we'll be given a brief sometime in the near future

Johny0nThaSp0t

pilot
In Echo company now. Just received word last week that 45 of the 90 flight contracts in my company are sticking around DC area for up to a year. As of right now, the cut will be made by lineal standing at the end of the POI. This is straight from our XO... Hope this changes. If any of you folks in Pensacola have any vis on this, would be much appreciated!

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
In Echo company now. Just received word last week that 45 of the 90 flight contracts in my company are sticking around DC area for up to a year. As of right now, the cut will be made by lineal standing at the end of the POI. This is straight from our XO... Hope this changes. If any of you folks in Pensacola have any vis on this, would be much appreciated!

I'm waiting for API here in Pensacola right now and the pipeline is getting jammed real fast, I know they are trying to hold back some guys from comming down here, I think they are trying to minimize the amount of people waiting around doing nothing.

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
Delta Co here. The word I've heard is that our wait could be anywhere between 3 and 6 months largely depending on your lineal standing within the company. I've heard rumors of picking up PTAD but also have heard its possible to pick up a maintenance platoon in the meantime. I'm sure we'll be given a brief sometime in the near future

It will likely be at least that if not longer. Right now Charlie is looking to get their first guys into API around mid February and if we keep averaging the same pace it will be about mid to late may before we are all through.