• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time management at TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

froghead1

I'm getting ready to start TBS with Bravo in January, and have heard from a lot of guys that free time is hard to come by at TBS. The main complaint I've heard is that you sit around after classes/evolutions each day and wait for your company staff to secure you. What I was wondering is, what can you do during that time? Do you have to be in your room or can you go to the chow hall or work out? It seems like you could get studying out of the way during the time you are waiting to be secured and then eat/work out after that if need be. I know the schedule varies each day, but I'm determined to get a work out in when I can so that once the scheduled PT stops after a month, I won't let The Body Softener claim me as a victim.

peanut3479

pilot
I'd say try to knock out some of the studying while waiting to secure if possible. Technically, you can go get chow in the Hanson Room or work out if your chain of command says so. However, someone who leaves for chow or goes to Ramer to work out inevitably misses the word or part of it; it doesn't matter how many people you tell that you're going somewhere, someone who wants to find you won't be able to (no explanation, just a fact of TBS life it seems). Bottom line, stay as close to your room as possible for a half hour or three hours or whatever until you're secure, then go crazy.

KBayDog

It will be frustrating, but study during your down time - i.e., waiting for the word, which like peanut said, can be up to three hours.

The best piece of time management advice I can give is DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

If you are given an order to write, knock it out ASAP. If you don't, before you know it, you will have an order, billet evaluations, studying, field day, uniforms, etc. all due at the same time. If you knock out bits and pieces at a time, you won't be overwhelmed, and your performance won't suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.