• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Think you're fast?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Not that the AR-15/M-16/M-4 are all that hard to disassemble and reassemble. Though I can't do it that fast. That and I haven't done it in a few years.

Zissou

Banned
That's Mackenzie Drazin

She attended a class with her dad that I surveyed in Las Vegas.

The girl can shoot too, very sweet kid.

Here she is at the class

MPH

2 Q's

1. I assume that her jamming up is a result of the "limp wrist" phenomena. I've never been able to reproduce it, and I've only seen it once. I always thought it was a sign of poor form but obviously she does a lot of shooting, so is it a strength thing she cannot overcome as a result of being so young/tiny/girlish?

2. What's with the pirouettes?

FlyinRock

2 Q's

1. I assume that her jamming up is a result of the "limp wrist" phenomena. I've never been able to reproduce it, and I've only seen it once. I always thought it was a sign of poor form but obviously she does a lot of shooting, so is it a strength thing she cannot overcome as a result of being so young/tiny/girlish?

I suspect you are right in that the recoil is a bit much for her yet. She did the correct clearing drills of the malfunctions (they were not jams) and did quite well. However, her targets were not shown so we can only make a presumption that she was hitting the target/s?

The movement is an integral part of newer forms of pistol training for defensive purposes. The only thing she didn't do was to switch hands while on the move and shooting! In the more advanced studies of this same style, it is done both one and two handed and has the philosophy of "shoot them to the ground". Some pretty damned tough shooters are moving to this style of shooting for CQB. I'm still someplace in between. I trained with Jeff Cooper and Chuck Taylor back in the late 70's in addition to a lot of national and international competition primarily with the 1911's.
Semper Fi
Rocky

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
2 Q's

Usually limp wristing results in a stovepipe malfunction. The resolution isn't very good on the video so I can't see if she's stovepiping, but I'd be willing to bet that's what is going on.

B

Blutonski816

Usually limp wristing results in a stovepipe malfunction. The resolution isn't very good on the video so I can't see if she's stovepiping, but I'd be willing to bet that's what is going on.

Slide looks like it locked up a bit too far back to be just stovepiping... looks like it was just a shitty feed.

Zissou

Banned
2 Q's

McKennzie was doing a slalom course designed to condition a shooter to keep their heads up and looking 360 degress to prevent a secondary attacke from gaining angle.

Her stoppages were induced from dummy round placed every two to four rounds in all training mags. To maximize limited training to to include EP's under duress.