• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Think this Sequester thing is real

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah OK. My bad. I thought you were talking about a 20% cut in salary for active duty.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
More sequester crap... ATC is playing hell with the airlines. What a joke. Send a few guys home for an extra day at the beach and it is like the PATCO strike of '81. Was delayed over an hour yesterday simply due to ATC manning. Saw others making S turns for hundreds of miles. Of course the unmanned posts just can't be at smaller airports or in the middle of the night. We couldn't even file any SOCAL airports as alternates for LAX yesterday. It is worsened by the controllers playing games. If the Administration is making cuts to be more painful and obvious than necessary, the controllers are getting there pound of flesh by slowing down because they are pissed they lose a couple days pay a quarter. Complete BS!

This administration's handling of Sequester cuts reminds me of a saying I first heard in Naval Air: "Please don't piss on my ankles and tell me it's raining!".

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None

Sequestration is real. It's just being done in the most retarded way possible.

No kidding! I sit here in Tucson at a TDY flying course for my second track (IP vs MTP/ME), checking my email for a furlough notice, wondering if the new furniture for my office will have arrived by the time I get back. I've seen our flying hour program get increased just prior to the sequestration, cut in half, then reinstated to the full increased amount all before leaving for Tucson a week and a half ago. My orders for TDY were cut short by the number of AT days remaining this year with a second set of orders to cover the last few days of my TDY putting me in AT status. I was not going tobe required to attend AT. Just today I was informed that the AT portion of my orders is going away and I will be TDY for the full period. I am waiting to see why and if AT was cancelled or if it is back on and I have to attend.

Meanwhile I am enjoying the beautiful weather here in AZ.

ssnspoon

Get a brace!
pilot
It seems to me the worst it is doing to us is injecting uncertainty. Before sequester only 35% of Navy had a problem making a good decision in a timely manner...now it seems everyone is in a damn hurry to make a crappy/hasty decision...then repeat it again 2 hours later!

DoD_Sigma

Interesting. I thought the DoN had postponed furlough notification... Unless you're part of a union... FWIW - I still haven't received my furlough notice.
Yes, the notices have been postponed. However, we keep getting new dates for when the notifications are to be sent out. Last date was May6, and still haven't received any word.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I wanted to send one of my civilians to a school but I can't since the furlough may impact his ability to attend.

If "knowing is half the battle" we are obviously losing....