• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Things my IP told me that may or may not be true...

RotorHead04

Patch Mafia
pilot
Master's preference list:
1-HC Sigonella
2-HC Guam
3-HC San Diego
4-HC (H-3) Norfolk
5-HC (H-46/60) Norfolk
6-HM Norfolk
7-HSL Japan
8-HS Japan
9-HSL Hawaii
10-HSL San Diego
11- HS San Diego
12-HM Corpus
13-HSL Mayport
14-HS JAX

HC Sigonella ... definitely would have made my top 5! Too bad they are long gone ...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
HS Jax was my 10 or
I'm not sure why, but HS-JAX was the "avoid at all costs" place according to the student gouge when I winged. Can't remember why exactly (been almost 10 years). I don't know if it was the RAG in SD followed by going to JAX, or what the deal was. I forget, but it was a definite "DO NOT WANT" for most of the Navy dudes I winged with +/- a couple classes.

I do remember it was #14 on my list (14 choices then) and HSL East was #13. Fuck Quality Spread. Dudes who were one flight from attrition all through the HTs were getting my top 5.. I got 13 of 14. (I was #2 or #3 out of a fairly big winging class).

Master's preference list:
1-HC Sigonella
2-HC Guam
3-HC San Diego
4-HC (H-3) Norfolk
5-HC (H-46/60) Norfolk
6-HM Norfolk
7-HSL Japan
8-HS Japan
9-HSL Hawaii
10-HSL San Diego
11- HS San Diego
12-HM Corpus
13-HSL Mayport
14-HS JAX

HS Jax was my 10th or 11th choice, can't remember which, but I quality spreaded too (2 out of roughly 30ish). Turns out I really loved Jax.

MasterBates

I would have preferred JAX as a base over Mayport. Not sure if I'd prefer HS over HSL though.

Same BAH, but a lot more "decent" options within a reasonable drive to JAX vs Mayport. Commute wise, Mayport sucked until they finished Wonderwood.

OscarMyers

None
HC Sigonella ... definitely would have made my top 5! Too bad they are long gone ...

HC Sigonella was awesome, up to the point when Big Navy took away our missions in the Med to see if they really needed us. Lots of maintenance hours and two mishaps to do laps around Mt. Etna. Was still an awesome place to be. Anyone do anytime at the HSL det in Sig? Seemed like a pretty good duty.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I spent several months there during my VP days when Bosnia was going down. Had a blast.

Flugelman

Contributor
Better than the piss tube! :D

-ea6bflyr ;)
I may have told this one here before...

New Nav in P2 crew, first flight in new crew out of Cam Ranh Bay, looong Market Time flight. New Nav finally has to take a leak, probably never had that long of a flight in the VP-31 RAG. We wore the parachute harness full time with the clip-on chute handy in case of a bail-out, which made getting to the necessary plumbing even harder. The guy finally gets situated on the crowded flight deck and starts doing his business. The Julie operator by the wing beam squeezes the tube closed and the cone fills up. The Nav is standing there, hunched over, looking around, holding the brimming cone... Someone yells "Blow on it!" So he cautiously puffs at the full cone and the Julie operator lets go just long enough for the cone to empty. Replay the filling and huffing, puffing about four more times.

Good times :cool: