• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"THE WORD" at tbs right now about API

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The six to a room doesn't count because you had sleep side/study side. I know it had to blow having six to a shower after something like the E-course, but it still nets out at three to a room.

Were you in Obannon? I had four in my room (two rooms) in Obannon and it was cramped. I don't see how it would even be possible to fit six in the same space because there wouldn't be enough space for furniture. We didn't have any more room for desks, not to mention another bunk.

Reconjoe

I don't see how it would even be possible to fit six in the same space because there wouldn't be enough space for furniture.

Oh u better believe it, we were rockin 6 studs to a room (Sleep side/Study side). When we ran out of desks, we started turning dressers into workspaces. Did I mention no hot water for what was called the worst winter in TBS history?

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
The six to a room doesn't count because you had sleep side/study side. I know it had to blow having six to a shower after something like the E-course, but it still nets out at three to a room.

Negative. I've been in the other barracks, don't currently remember the name, but there was quite a bit more room for three people in there than there was for the six in the day/night rooms of O'Bannon. And like Reconjoe mentioned, two of our dudes had to use dressers as desks. And there was little room to do anything besides shave in the night room save for shaving/brushing your teeth due to the six racks.

Most of TBS sucked, and I'm not denying it sucked for you as well - It just sucked a little worse for those in O'Bannon rolling six deep.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Man, you guys should have just done the distance education version of TBS via Marinenet classes like I did...so much more comfortable.

AJB37

It's worth it. Obannon hall is the worst part of TBS

Not even, I would lick the black mold on the walls in OBannon if I could have had a different SPC.... I think I still have a backlog of RTCs to hand in....

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
Word on the street is that one lucky Lt might get to work for a certain CG answering phones for a month...while I'm on convalescent leave. I did hear a General say that a senior General expressed that there are 300 too many SNA's in a holding pattern and that he'd like to redesignate at least half of them. No idea if the number was including pre-TBS Lt's. Then again, no idea if he was serious. Because I like my job, maybe this is hearsay...

•Charlie Company: 56 officers graduate 8 Oct 2010​
─51 PCS to MATSG-21​
•40 will be sent TAD I / II / III MEF for 6 months​
─5 assigned to fill billets in the NCR for 6 months​
•​
•Delta Company: 45 officers graduate 5 Nov 2010​
─40 PCS to MATSG-21​
•20 will be sent TAD I / II / III MEF for 6 months​
•​
•Echo Company: 31 officers graduate 17 Dec 2010​
─31 officers attend language training 5 February for 6 months​
•​
•Fox Company: 52 officers graduate 27 Jan 2011​
─34 officers attend language training 5 February for 6 months​
─18 PCS to MATSG-21 TAD to I / II / III MEF for 6 months

I have a power point for the aviation delay, this is just one slide from it. If anyone wants the whole power point shoot me a message with your email and I will send it to you.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
•Charlie Company: 56 officers graduate 8 Oct 2010​
─51 PCS to MATSG-21​
•40 will be sent TAD I / II / III MEF for 6 months​
•​
•Delta Company: 45 officers graduate 5 Nov 2010​
─40 PCS to MATSG-21​
•20 will be sent TAD I / II / III MEF for 6 months​
•​
•Echo Company: 31 officers graduate 17 Dec 2010​
─31 officers attend language training 5 February for 6 months​
•​
•Fox Company: 52 officers graduate 27 Jan 2011​
─34 officers attend language training 5 February for 6 months​
─18 PCS to MATSG-21 TAD to I / II / III MEF for 6 months

I have a power point for the aviation delay, this is just one slide from it. If anyone wants the whole power point shoot me a message with your email and I will send it to you.

We had MAGTF night last week and there were three Majors that briefed us. I don't recall everything that was said, but my 2 other air contract room mates heard that the 40 got cut down to 20, and those 20 are going to be the lowest 20 lineal standing wise. This is for C Co.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
We had MAGTF night last week and there were three Majors that briefed us. I don't recall everything that was said, but my 2 other air contract room mates heard that the 40 got cut down to 20, and those 20 are going to be the lowest 20 lineal standing wise. This is for C Co.

And those 6 month TADs are getting cut to like 2-4... That slide has got to be worst case scenario.

VF101GR

pilot
For 2ndLt's PCS to MATSG-21, have they completed IFS with the Quantico Flying Club? Complete @ P-Cola? Or just receive stash jobs while waiting for IFS-API?

That slide was from a Delta company MOS brief about a month ago. We all know how fast things change, it looks like the wait may be cut down. So yes I would take that PPT as a worst case scenario.