• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"THE WORD" at tbs right now about API

Treetop Flyer

pilot
What happens when Obannon goes away? What about the hawk? I didn't mind my time at TBS because I was closest to the Hawk

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
What happens when Obannon goes away? What about the hawk? I didn't mind my time at TBS because I was closest to the Hawk

Been wondering the same thing. Obannon is full of history. Although most of it should be knocked down, it seems like the Hawk/green carpet area should be preserved in some way.

And where oh where did they build Haas hall?

sanders

Been wondering the same thing. Obannon is full of history. Although most of it should be knocked down, it seems like the Hawk/green carpet area should be preserved in some way.

And where oh where did they build Haas hall?

Haas hall was under construction when I graduated. It, along with Manion Hall (completed in 2009) are near the tea garden area. From what I heard, only part of Obannon hall is going to be knocked down. The dining hall and the green carpet area will remain. But they also told us that our company would be the last to live in Obannon, but it sounds like Golf just got assigned there. Sucks to be them.

Also, for anyone who has not been to Camp Barrett in a while, the SgtMaj's Green no longer exists. They are building the new Heywood Hall there.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
How many fucking Lts are going through TBS nowadays that they need all these new halls?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Yeah I heard the Hawk and green carpet area will remain while they tear down the rest. Its my understanding that the master plan is to have several barracks like Manion so that each company has its own building.

I was an Alpha Co grad in Obannon and, while I hated it then, I kind of appreciate it now what with all of its history and all. Then again.....I was a brown bagger :p

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
That's pretty wild. They broke ground on Manion while I was there, and it was almost done when I left. They put in big flatscreens in the classrooms the week I graduated. That seems a little bit weird since they're replacing the whole building. As for having all those buildings, it's needed if OBannon is getting wrecking balled. That was a big barracks at 3 Marines per room. If we decide to RIF, the barracks could be down to one man per room with all the rooms they're adding though.

81montedriver

pilot
That's pretty wild. They broke ground on Manion while I was there, and it was almost done when I left. They put in big flatscreens in the classrooms the week I graduated. That seems a little bit weird since they're replacing the whole building. As for having all those buildings, it's needed if OBannon is getting wrecking balled. That was a big barracks at 3 Marines per room. If we decide to RIF, the barracks could be down to one man per room with all the rooms they're adding though.

It was also a big barracks when they had 6 to a room!

ConsiderItDone

Marine Officer
A lot. The wait for TBS has exceeded 6-10 months for some LT's.

Over a year wait for many down here in Georgia, this is the wait to commission post college graduation + wait for TBS combined.

SWACQ said:
How many fucking Lts are going through TBS nowadays that they need all these new halls?

The OCC/PLC-C mission and class graduations in the summers of 08 and 09 were the two largest since the draft in Vietnam.

Somehow they didn't need the extra rooms then though...?

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
So help me god if Alpha company now rates hot water..........

Or how about any water at all? I recall a period of several days in which we had to travel to the gym in order to shower and use the bathroom.

That was a big barracks at 3 Marines per room.

Our platoon had a minimum of 6 per room. One had 7 including a brown-bagger.

/walking10milesinthesnowuphillbothways

Forgive me. I'm annoyed at losing the NALO taking us to Tailhook.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
The six to a room doesn't count because you had sleep side/study side. I know it had to blow having six to a shower after something like the E-course, but it still nets out at three to a room.