• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"THE WORD" at tbs right now about API

ConsiderItDone

Marine Officer
I'm sure this happens more often than I'm going to cite, but when I finished Delta '97, The wait for API was about 6 months. Everybody went to P'cola except me and two other guys who got picked to do IOC. Let me tell you, IOC in Jan sucks. More stories on that later though. By the time I finished primary, guys from Delta '98 were showing up with very little wait for API. When I got to the fleet, I had an XO who was an '85 or '86 guy who did IOC and 18 months as a platoon commander before going to API. This cycle never ends, and like somebody else said, its a slinky, and there is no way of predicting how far it will expand or contract or how fast it will happen.

+1 to the Boot for knowing about the Slinky! :)

8)

Casper2

Heard the required pass rate at API is 94% now? Is that true?!?

Any updates on the wait? Charlie Co. graduating in October - be good to know what's happening. Last we heard was Lt's are being tasked out to I,II,III MEF for whatever the wait time is (?). Any info would be appreciated.

Oh and if anyone whose been through API has any swim tips they'd be appreciated too. I'm not a rock...I just don't like swimming.

-Cas (USMC)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

(USMC)

Fortunately for the rest of the students, the higher NSS standards are only applying to specific year group Navy SNAs. Everyone else is still under the 80 to Pass rule.

81montedriver

pilot

Any updates on the wait? Charlie Co. graduating in October - be good to know what's happening. Last we heard was Lt's are being tasked out to I,II,III MEF for whatever the wait time is (?). Any info would be appreciated.

Oh and if anyone whose been through API has any swim tips they'd be appreciated too. I'm not a rock...I just don't like swimming.

-Cas (USMC)

Pay attention to the swim techniques being taught and you won't have issues. It's rare that someone washes out for their lack of swim abilities and those that do either don't pay attention or are just plain scared.

ConsiderItDone

Marine Officer
You meant boot as in, boot to this website, right?

No Sir. I meant boot as in green and still wet behind the ears. I've yet to get up to TBS and begin my romantic encounter with the Orange Parking Cone, and I only commissioned back in March. I still have a lot to learn before I reach Ol' Salt Jedi status, but I am excited and thankful that I have at least been given the opportunity to do so. Seems like enterance to the USMC "nowadays" is harder than selection to Harvard, so again, I'm thankful that I'm already in.

I posted on this site once before that I have been ready to go since October of last year, and the wait has sucked with no PTAD, but with a little ingenuity and initiative I secured a way to gain practical military and leadership experience. For any new Lt's sitting on your thumb for the next year or so; if you do not live close to your OSO or just hate candidates(as I do), then go down to your local Enlisted recruiting office and befriend the Marine behind the desk. They may have Poolees who are struggling and need extra attention(there's "responsibilty" and a quasi "how would you help fix a Marine on BCP?") and I'm sure that they have a vast amount of knowledge and stories that they will be willing to unload on you if you only ask. You're dealing with the top 10 percent of the USMC here, so hopefully your paticular recruiter won't mind fuck you or set you up for failure. You should be able to tell, unless you're a complete tool or "lost one."(Alone and Unafraid.)

Hope that answers your question Sir, and sorry for the rant. Hopefully some OCS Complete or other young Lt gets wind of it and uses it. I feel it's pretty solid advice; hell, it's worked for me.

ConsiderItDone

Marine Officer
That's how I read it, but regardless I'm not easily offended. Unlike a Navy Ensign we know of.

Yeah, that was definately what I meant. Mama didn't raise no fool. I can look to the left and see the Wings of Gold (Both Aviator and NFO) and know that I am addressing a superior. Is my writing really that bad that some couldn't tell that I was speaking about myself? Or did some of you get those...on-line degrees... :)

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah, that was definately what I meant. Mama didn't raise no fool. I can look to the left and see the Wings of Gold (Both Aviator and NFO) and know that I am addressing a superior. Is my writing really that bad that some couldn't tell that I was speaking about myself? Or did some of you get those...on-line degrees... :)

Stop talking, you are embarrassing yourself.