• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"THE WORD" at tbs right now about API

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Haha I had a feeling you would comment after me. I think you can testify that I'm not the most yut-tastic guy out there, but I did think it was worth it. And yes, of course SDO is making me crazy.

Edit: this was for yodaears.

Also, fair enough whitesox. Obviously a certain amount of bitching/humor is always good

HAWK22

pilot
Back from the field all ready for fex-5 are we? I hope Dante made his way to Nc and dropped numerous deuces in you place

HAWK22

pilot
Some stages require every flight an above just to be squadron average. Lame. Keep your chucks pressed and ready kiddies.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Some stages require every flight an above just to be squadron average. Lame. Keep your chucks pressed and ready kiddies.

Never understood this. I guess it is just the mandatory pain of jet skool........leave debrief in confusion, go home, have a drink, press.

msandrews

livin' the dream
Snide remark aside, your last two posts have been in accordance with what I have been getting from my various sources as well. I also know that the USMC runs on the "Slinky" system and that this hole may clog again. I am pumped to just finally be getting to The Body Softener, much less to API.(Yeah I said it...I'm excited to get to TBS...) A year of nothing sucks, and the last two sentences of my last post better reflect my attitude. The F' my life was for balance and continuities sake.

Fuck yeah you should be excited about TBS. Now more than ever air contracts should be excited and taking ownership of their education at TBS. If I would have blown off TBS I'd be pretty fucked, but instead I'll be standing in front of my rifle platoon in 6 weeks with confidence. Pay attention, because you never know what the hell is going to happen.

MaxRU

pilot
Fuck yeah you should be excited about TBS. Now more than ever air contracts should be excited and taking ownership of their education at TBS. If I would have blown off TBS I'd be pretty fucked, but instead I'll be standing in front of my rifle platoon in 6 weeks with confidence. Pay attention, because you never know what the hell is going to happen.

images

Reconjoe

I'd be standing infront of my platoon contemplating why I feel the urge to take away their warming layers and how many buzz words I can use in said speech about "mentally and physically tough", followed by no less than 7 line outs before the end of every day...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I'd be standing infront of my platoon contemplating why I feel the urge to take away their warming layers and how many buzz words I can use in said speech about "mentally and physically tough", followed by no less than 7 line outs before the end of every day...

Making sure everyone brought their ski-mask even though it's 95 degrees outside.

sanders

I can tell you were an alpha company guy.

Does anyone down in Pcola have any more updates on the wait? Last I heard delta was classing up for API right now. Are they still taking 10 marines a week?

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
The Echo guys are starting now too this week or next. The last few classes have had around 9-10.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I can tell you were an alpha company guy.

Does anyone down in Pcola have any more updates on the wait? Last I heard delta was classing up for API right now. Are they still taking 10 marines a week?

AFAIK Delta is just about finished classing up for API, and it is still ~~10 Marines a week.

Corpus is starting to accept warm bodies again, and Whiting North is pushing studs at the cyclic rate, so things should continue moving swiftly forward.

Of course, now that I wrote this everything will come to a screeching halt.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
I'm sure this happens more often than I'm going to cite, but when I finished Delta '97, The wait for API was about 6 months. Everybody went to P'cola except me and two other guys who got picked to do IOC. Let me tell you, IOC in Jan sucks. More stories on that later though. By the time I finished primary, guys from Delta '98 were showing up with very little wait for API. When I got to the fleet, I had an XO who was an '85 or '86 guy who did IOC and 18 months as a platoon commander before going to API. This cycle never ends, and like somebody else said, its a slinky, and there is no way of predicting how far it will expand or contract or how fast it will happen.