• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"THE WORD" at tbs right now about API

Clux4

Banned
You'll probably get some pressure to change your MOS, that flight school is hard and that killing bad guys whether you are doing it with a platoon of Marines or with an airplane is all the same. Some guys will take the bait and change. Most won't. It happens...

That may be a course of action. I mean, what is the situation like in the average fleet squadron. Are the different communities hurting for nuggets? These guys may not be on the short list for a MiTT now but they may be faced with one in 20 months when they are on their way to their first assignment.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
The word from the fleet is that pre-API Marines will be given the opportunity to do an inter-service transfer to the Air Force in order to fill pilot manpower shortfalls, but would incur an additional 365-day obligation. Due to increased UAV manning, the Air Force is short AMC-type pilots.

Sounds like a pretty good deal (I'd love to get some C-17 time!); I'd be interested to see if any Marines go that route.

College friend who is an AF C-17 plane captain just confirmed this. He called his General at home and now I'm first in line...the General said that because I've got about 1.5 hours in the C-17 sim, I don't even need to go through primary or advanced...straight to the RAG for this guy!

KBayDog

College friend who is an AF C-17 plane captain just confirmed this. He called his General at home and now I'm first in line...the General said that because I've got about 1.5 hours in the C-17 sim, I don't even need to go through primary or advanced...straight to the RAG for this guy!

Haha, you should be so lucky. If only they could have eliminated the need for TBS...

Has anyone in the pool jumped on this yet? I haven't heard if they have to go to Vance, or can stay in the Navy traning pipeline.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
If I wasn't married I would think about it, but the wife isn't too keen on moving again so soon. FWIW the rumor mill is saying you have to go to Vance if you are pre-API.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
If I wasn't married I would think about it, but the wife isn't too keen on moving again so soon. FWIW the rumor mill is saying you have to go to Vance if you are pre-API.

Bad gouge. My brother who is an Laughlin AFB says that the Marines are actually going to train there in Del Rio. Not that Del Rio is any better than Enid...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Damn, that blows. Oh well, it still sounds like a pretty good deal.

The problem is that when you're waiting for API, you're still brainwashed enough to believe the Marine Corps' own PR.

"Air Force? No way! Whatta bunch of sissies!"

A few years later, these same guys will be bitching about double-occupancy in hotel rooms. Told ya.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Bad gouge. My brother who is an Laughlin AFB says that the Marines are actually going to train there in Del Rio. Not that Del Rio is any better than Enid...

I heard the same from someone recently. No idea if it is true, but perhaps it is good for at least a couple more threads like this on AW :)

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I convinced half my platoon during one of the rifle range weeks that we weren't humping back because we were going to get helo-extracted back to Camp Barrett.

Bottom line is that when they turn the faucet back on full (presumably after the MX issues are resolved), they are going to need bodies in Pensacola, ready to train.

Well, each squadron at Whiting went from not getting anywhere near all their X's to almost not having enough X's for all their planes in a matter of 3 weeks time. The turd is quickly getting cleared out of the pipe here and people are almost getting through a block a week. Of course this happens to me in the one block where instructor availability is an issue.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Well, each squadron at Whiting went from not getting anywhere near all their X's to almost not having enough X's for all their planes in a matter of 3 weeks time. The turd is quickly getting cleared out of the pipe here and people are almost getting through a block a week. Of course this happens to me in the one block where instructor availability is an issue.

Things are on the up here in Corpus as well..although we still have a slew of birds on the ramp that are still down. I was about to get a ton of X's and of course the Med Down bug snatched me...It's clear and a million here and it looks to stay that way for a while, so X's should be coming along in a consistent manner.

HueyCobra8151

pilot

Don't fuck with me man...I've come to far!!

Seriously, if this is true it's great news. Hopefully I will not have to partake in a post-API pool of some sort. My buddy up in Helo-land was saying that he is also flying through the pipeline because they are getting so few students from the VT's that there are plenty of instructors to go around for all.

AJB37

Language training and IOC, with one financial management officer are the options for the alpha company aviators. Language training is supposed to take 6 months here in Quantico, then hopefully we are going down to API, but we have no word on that. And the truth is likely to change so I'm just hoping I have some sort of official orders before graduation and BAH.

Quénault

pilot
I convinced half my platoon during one of the rifle range weeks that we weren't humping back because we were going to get helo-extracted back to Camp Barrett.

Bottom line is that when they turn the faucet back on full (presumably after the MX issues are resolved), they are going to need bodies in Pensacola, ready to train.

Oh yeah, I definitely passed that word this morning while waiting for The Breakfast Scam.

ftrooper

pilot
the word

I heard all the Aviation Contracts are going straight to MARSOC and going to be issued full beards and blue jeans. After... X% will select JSF.