• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The wait for 185

Status
Not open for further replies.

SliderSD

Well I went into the OSO office today. I have not been for awhile since all my info was sent to district. Can anyone else feel the nerves on the backs of necks and an itch of wanting to know. Something, anything. Tell me how many of you have been running everyday since your last PFT was submitted? Not Me. I decided the gym will do me good, realizing that we may not see a gym for three months. If and only if we get accepted. How many of you will start though once you get the "CALL". Hopefully all of us. Did everyone get waivers accepted? Post your thoughts, concerns, stressors. Now might be just as get as any.

Good luck fellas!

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
I hear ya slider...as for running I've cut back on the longer runs because discomfort in my knee from pushing it hard the last two weeks before my PFT and knowing that if and when I get the call I'll be running harder than ever...so I don't want to burn out now. Still lifting and doing the pullups 5 days a week, though. It's going to be a long 3-4 weeks indeed. Good luck.

riley

Hopefully I'll see y'all at 185...

Just sitting here in a dusty cubicle waiting for that call.

Sins

I'm pretending that this isn't such a huge part of my life. *twidles thumbs* ~La~la~la~ *whistes*

Been running every single day, twice some days. I didn't lift for the entire XC season and lost about 10 lbs (off the gut). Just benched monday and I am definitely not where I left off. Anyway, I doubt that it will be necessary to press 150% my body weight at OCS.

Going to run another PFT saturday, they can't deny a 300 can they? ;)
(don't tell me that it's happened, I don't want to know)

Want to hear about my phone conference with the Colonel concerning my waivers? Oh man, I feel like I am going to jinx myself if I tell it. I'll hold off until my package is definitely going to the boards.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Doing an update PFT by week's end. I haven't pt'd for a few days as I wanted to be fresh for it-so I'm stressing out with no way to relieve the tension...could certainly use a cocktail right now.

When do y'all think we'll hear the news? Whoever finds out first let us know so we can inundate our OSO's with nervous phone calls.

Good Luck Gents!

Sins

lol @ inundate our OSO's with nervous phone calls after someone hears the news.

Why wait?

SliderSD

Why wait....You got that right. I call just to bug em. Its good to hear that some of you are continually running. I can't seem to motivate myself right now for the run, but decided that this Friday I will give myself and another candidate some torture and do a beach run. I don't know if anyone is able to get near a beach as easily but if you can....Hear is a hellofa workout, if you get a chance.

We'll call it "Hit the Beach"

Total Appox: 6 miles.

Start out on the beach near the waters edge where the hard pack sand is,
Turn into the water, about knee high run
Head back to the sand, back into the soft stuff and run for a while
Back to the waters edge: Calistenics: Jumpers, Leg kickers, mountain climbers, crunches, pushups.

Repeat the cycle for approx 3 miles: At the 3 mile marker swimout past the break and tread water for a while. Remember workout clothes on including shoes. swim in.

On the return three miles. Fireman carries all the way back until you break. You can also mix up some bear crawls in the soft sand between carries. Great Workout!

In our office we have a reserve recon guy who showed me this workout. Its good Sh**

If anybody else has suggestions, HOOK IT UP!

Sins

I run the beaches but I'm in Monterey and the water is little chilly right now. What are you wearing, old tennis? Bates 924s? Man you're going to ruin some good shoes in the salt water.

I am going to try to recruit some other applicants/candidates from my office to do a practical hike with me in 2 weeks:
http://durt.org/images/wh_loop_topo.jpg
I don't care if they come or not, I run this preserve all the time alone.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
If you have enough people...get a beach football game going...after about 2-3 hours of that, you're done. Played at the Oregon coast 6 weeks ago...my quads and hip flexors were sore for 3 days afterwards. Definitely a lot of fun and you don't think of it as a workout. Snow games are good too...planning on playing around Thanksgiving when everyone is home from college.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
TNWhiskey,
Oh yea, we always have a "Turkey Bowl" the morning of Thanksgiving. Sometimes we get lucky and have a little snow, but probably not this year. Full contact tackle football. Usually it's something like 9 on 9 or 10 on 10. Definately a good workout.

riley

See, I'd be afraid that sure as the grass is green I would break something you really need to have at OCS - like a collarbone, or ligaments in your ankles.

Well, on second thought, I have just about as good of a chance falling on my face walking down the street.

My part of TX doesn't have snow or beach - so I'll be running by the tumbleweeds, thinking cold thoughts to get me ready for good ol' Quantico in January......

SliderSD

Praxis- Im just wearing old Adidas Clima Cools. They are nice beause they carry large vents in the bottom and so when the sand accumulates in the bottom of other sneakers; these just sift out the sand. All of my running shoes have always been Adidas. My next question would be; does anyone else prefer one brand over another for shoes? I have always worn adidas for the very reason that they fit my foot best but are any of you like die-hard Nike fans or New balance?
Praxis your in XC what do you run in?

kimphil

Originally posted by SliderSD
Praxis- Im just wearing old Adidas Clima Cools. They are nice beause they carry large vents in the bottom and so when the sand accumulates in the bottom of other sneakers; these just sift out the sand. All of my running shoes have always been Adidas. My next question would be; does anyone else prefer one brand over another for shoes? I have always worn adidas for the very reason that they fit my foot best but are any of you like die-hard Nike fans or New balance?
Praxis your in XC what do you run in?

I've only wear Adidas because of they are the preferred shoes of Run-DMC.
propeller_125.gif
There's really no difference between the various brands--they're all made by the same children in the same factories in China.
propeller_125.gif
I've recently bought a pair of NB that I'm happy with. They weren't expensive and outlets that carry them tend to have them not only in half sizes but also in different widths.

Status
Not open for further replies.