• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Tomcat Legacy; 35+ years from Fleet Air Defender to Recce to Precision Strike

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Proof positive on Hoser's wall: the photo that was ordered destroyed after the best Eagle driver took on the best Tomcat driver during AIM/ACEVAL (75-77 at Nellis), which was strictly forbidden (they were supposed to fight the F-5E Red Team players). Despite the F-15 looking better on paper, Hoser has pipper on the Eagle driver's helmet literally gunning his brains out. When Air Force general found out, he charged into spaces demanded the HUD film, which he got, but not before Hoser got a copy of the frame he wanted.
At the risk of sounding 'me too, me too'-ish ... this was a 'regular' occurence @ Nellis when the (B)Eagle-drivers from the AF FWS used to butt heads w/ the Boys from Dallas ... and their old airplanes ... and their still older bodies. :)

Older, perhapsa ... but we had better tactics and flyin' skills ...

My Wingy and I 'treed' one of their 'best' when he stupidly got into a flat turning fight -- we kept our smack up and it was like a gun-tracking exercise -- the frequency was clobbered w/ 2 Dallas A-4's broadcasting: "I'm off, goin' high !! I'm in .. !!! TRACKING ... TRACKING .... GUNS KILL!! " I'm off ..." "Rog; I'm in ... " :D

This went on for like 30-40 seconds in the middle of a 4-V-Many furball until someone called the fight off. Wish I'D got pictures for my 'I LOVE ME' room ... :)

The FWS CO put down the diktat to his boys that henceforth, ANY F-15 getting 'gunned' by an old, broken down A-4 flown by a Reserve-Bum would RTB w/ his hook down on a straight in ... as in "draggin' his tail behind him" ...

There were a LOT of F-15 straight-ins flown during the next week and a half at Nellis.
:)