• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Hey huggy, I have wings and I got a FAA pilot certificate. Did I do good?
@wink, you did GRRRRREAT.

giphy.gif

HuggyU2

None
Concur, Wink. You did a most Excellent job.
Please... move to the the head of the class.

This reminded me of the military pilots I knew that could qualify for the ATP, but didn't make the time to go get it before the rule change made it significantly costlier in time and money. When the FAA offers a good deal, consider it a limited window and don't put off getting it.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
So, the only thing I have seen on this is a post saying that is what CNATRA wants. Has CNATRA actually put out written or verbal policy about this?

This absolutely needs to be brought up at Hook. I hope CNAF is there to be able to answer for this.

Here’s the .civ email...E343A30C-94B4-4CC4-A6CE-B83C983CBB13.jpeg

D

Deleted member 24525

Here’s the .civ email...View attachment 19598
Some JO with nothing to lose needs to ask CNATRA an airline specific question at Hook.
“sir I have a two part question: , I’m trying to build my hours to go to the airlines, would you recommend T-45s or T-44s for my shore tour? Second part-are there good resources in the VTs for folks like me who are interested in going to the airlines?”

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I and two other SELRES buds went to Fallon with our mob squadron to work up with the CVW for Desert Storm, the skipper advised we not talk airlines and leave the application forms at home (which had turned up randomly at the RAG before :rolleyes:). Of course, there was the cheeky NWA guy that rolled his airline suitcase with crew tags on it across the ramp with his helmet hanging from the hook. The kicker was, however, running into the F-18 RAG CO in the club. He was my recruiter and Handler on my first ship. All he wanted to do was talk about the airlines and his chances of getting in. I knew his chances were 42%, but I didn't want to crush the guy since he was the most senior officer I was friends with, so I didn't tell him the truth.

Farva01

BKR
pilot

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I hope Delta gets the best contract they can. And then we best it.

The Navy needs a better union.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
If you want some excitement with The Show you could always go here. CalFire needs pilots.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/the-state-worker/article217586785.html
That's not The Show. That's a flying job that may be fun (and necessary) but has a shitty QOL and shittier pay. It has mostly young guys trying to build hours or old guys who didn't make it to The Show for one reason or another. Like everything else, there are exceptions - like the few who do it because they really think it is important - but they really are the exceptions.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
That's not The Show. That's a flying job that may be fun (and necessary) but has a shitty QOL and shittier pay. It has mostly young guys trying to build hours or old guys who didn't make it to The Show for one reason or another. Like everything else, there are exceptions - like the few who do it because they really think it is important - but they really are the exceptions.
Fair enough...keep in mind that I am not one of those who gets paid to fly, I pay to fly!

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Did Jim Barnes go to The Show?

Probably...and he probably has a minty all original Omega Speedmaster 2915-1...with correct bracelet and end links...as well as original box & papers...including the entire service history.