• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Please....13 days off and 122 hours pay....
Yeah figured that comment was coming. I bid for specific long layover trips for next month at some of our best in system hotels and to get a block of 11 days off mid month. It’s been awhile since I’ve played the high pay and credit and premium makeup game. Been having too much fun exploiting my newfound seniority to get QOL scheduling. Love how this job and lifestyle allows all these options. I have buddies on the 737 with MAX trips that are making a killing right now with all their trips getting canceled.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Even better deal. Out and Back to BFM changed to ABE last night due to broken aircraft in ABE. Allentown Airplane fixed while waiting for push crew. Beacon cancelled. Flight cancelled. Go home with 6 hours pay and don’t even turn a wheel.
That’s pretty awesome! A320? 737?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Even better deal. Out and Back to BFM changed to ABE last night due to broken aircraft in ABE. Allentown Airplane fixed while waiting for push crew. Beacon cancelled. Flight cancelled. Go home with 6 hours pay and don’t even turn a wheel.

I was thinking about trying to commute back to the cradle on you guys...I coulda been crushing the catering and regaling you with stories of DOD idiocy.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I got paid 33 hours last week for not ferrying a plane to VCV to get painted and not bringing another one back. Maintenance slide the ferry by a day so I got paid and they had to pay someone else to actually do it. Plus I knew it wasn’t happening 2 days ahead of time so there was plenty of time to plan for my extra days off.

For those of you not in The Show, that’s slightly more than $10k for not flying and having the days off instead.

Fallonflyr

pilot
I got paid 33 hours last week for not ferrying a plane to VCV to get painted and not bringing another one back. Maintenance slide the ferry by a day so I got paid and they had to pay someone else to actually do it. Plus I knew it wasn’t happening 2 days ahead of time so there was plenty of time to plan for my extra days off.

For those of you not in The Show, that’s slightly more than $10k for not flying and having the days off instead.
The only thing better than getting paid over 10K for flying 33hours is getting paid over 10K for not flying 33 hours.?