• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Sensitive New Age Pilot

brownshoe

Contributor
COCK! BALLS!

If you're offended by potty mouth, go join the Air Force, where you can talk about "containers" instead of "boxes" (wish I was kidding). Sailors swear. Don't mean you have to - I've known lots of stormin' Mormons in the Navy who were shit-hot officers and aviators - but you can't go into this job with sensitive virgin ears or pursed expressions of disapproval.

No kidding… I actually heard this said by a BM one Sunday morning… “Now hear this, now hear this… Protestant services are now being held on the mother------- afterdeck… that is all!" I kid you not.

And another classic… “Family day… family day, watch your mouths there’s cun-‘s aboard.”

Both verbatim. :)

Steve

lmnop

They have them in all services and specialties. Here's an excerpt from a conversation between a Battalion CSM and one of my Senior Chiefs in Iraq:

CSM: "Oh, one more thing...you need to talk to your men and make sure they refrain from using profanity. They need to maintain their professionalism out there...hooah?"

Senior: "Are you fucking kidding me?"

CSM: "I guess we're done here."

That was the last we heard about that.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
"Polite Society" frowns upon this language, and rightly so, but in the military community, I'd say our situation is a little different.

I'll defer to Col. Kurtz on this one. He has the sentiment right.

"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!"

91032608_d0a222ab29.jpg

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I believe there is a difference between cussing for cussing sake and using the full palette of our colorful language appropriately.

Having done primary on an Air Force base I have seen that "pursed disapproval" before, both in my use and volume of language...and it was reflected in my flight commanders comments:

"Ensign (Picklesuit) required some mentorship in terms of professionalism. At times he inappropriately engaged his mouth before his brain. However, this did not detract from his overall solid performance."

Those guys loved me...really.:D

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
"Ensign (Picklesuit) required some mentorship in terms of professionalism. At times he inappropriately engaged his mouth before his brain. However, this did not detract from his overall solid performance."

Any JO that doesn't have this quote documented somewhere in his record (non-permanently.....like a NPLOC) is a pussy.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Join the No Cussing Club!

What's Wrong With Swearing? (from cusscontrol.com/) ...

Swearing Imposes a Personal Penalty
It gives a bad impression
It makes you unpleasant to be with
It endangers your relationships
It's a tool for whiners and complainers
It reduces respect people have for you
It shows you don't have control
It's a sign of a bad attitude
It discloses a lack of character
It's immature
It reflects ignorance
It sets a bad example

Swearing is Bad for Society
It contributes to the decline of civility
It represents the dumbing down of America
It offends more people than you think
It makes others uncomfortable
It is disrespectful of others
It turns discussions into arguments
It can be a sign of hostility
It can lead to violence

Swearing corrupts the English language
It's abrasive, lazy language
It doesn't communicate clearly
It neglects more meaningful words
It lacks imagination
It has lost its effectiveness

Ha, I resemble most of those remarks … the continued pussification of America never ceases to amaze me. We're going to get our ass kicked one day because of it.

Here’s a story about SNAP’s … about 6 months ago I had a student, a Marine Captain, burst into tears (no shit, he cried) after the debrief when I told him it was an average flight … he needed an above so he wouldn’t be marginal. What a puss. I’m embarrassed that he’s flying Hornets. A lot of you dudes need to grow a sack and learn to take criticism like a man.

As for cussing, well, there’s a time and place for it, but I like it, especially the word fuck.

S/F

MasterBates

Here’s a story about SNAP’s … about 6 months ago I had a student, a Marine Captain, burst into tears (no shit, he cried) after the debrief when I told him it was an average flight … he needed an above so he wouldn’t be marginal. What a puss.
S/F

Jarhead, you should have told us then so we could have applied peer behavior modification.

AKA, making fun of the FUCKING pussy! :icon_smil

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Here’s a story about SNAP’s … about 6 months ago I had a student, a Marine Captain, burst into tears (no shit, he cried) after the debrief when I told him it was an average flight … he needed an above so he wouldn’t be marginal. What a puss. I’m embarrassed that he’s flying Hornets. A lot of you dudes need to grow a sack and learn to take criticism like a man. S/F

That is just ridiculously unsat. Only time I ever even heard about a person crying in flight school was a female who had a particularly brutal sim with the fingerless-wonder in Corpus. And even that was still the subject of ridicule amongst SNAs.

Feeling bummed is one thing, but crying? Holy shit. Aren't we supposed to be Air "Warriors", not Air crybabies?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Join the No Cussing Club!

As for cussing, well, there’s a time and place for it, but I like it, especially the word fuck.

One of the rules up there was something like, "Your language is unclear."

Yeah, bull-fucking-shit...

Those sites are hilarious btw. There's a tesimonial from a former US Navy officer complaining about how there was some guy swearing and loudly discussing inappropriae topics at the "Shamu Killer Whale show at SeaWorld." Was mildly entertaining: big giant, vicisous whales; swearing tatooed man...

Swearing is most hilarious when it comes unexpectedly from small children, in public. Especially fat kids half way into their wet suits falling onto lava rock and instead of crying, screaming "God Ffffucking DAMMIT!" to the heavens.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Swearing is most hilarious when it comes unexpectedly from small children, in public. Especially fat kids half way into their wet suits falling onto lava rock and instead of crying, screaming "God Ffffucking DAMMIT!" to the heavens.

I think you just summed up the success of South Park in two sentences...

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Swearing is most hilarious when it comes unexpectedly from small children,.....

My oldest daughter, when she was only 2 years old, was having some problem opening a small box with a toy inside.

She was not happy.

After losing her temper, her exact words were "Fuck......FUCK IT!.......FUCKING A!!!!!"

My wife said "Young lady! That's not a nice word!"

To which my daughter responded "Daddy says it.":(:(

Wife not happy. Daddy in trouble.