• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Road to OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
It's only 2.36 atm. I wouldn't apply (and can't since the minimum is 2.7) until I brought it up.

Why they should pick me over a guy with a higher GPA

While my GPA from my first years at college are sub-par, I have since worked very hard at bringing my grades up. I'm not the normal college student. I'm a husband, a father, and someone who desires to serve his country. With me, the Navy isn't going to have to wonder if all the training they give me is just going to end up somewhere in the private sector. The Navy for me is a lifestyle and a career as well as the single, most greatest occupation there is. My GPA may not be the greatest up on the boards, but I know that my drive, determination, and heart that I can give in service as a pilot pales all others by comparison.

I'm not intentionally trying to go after you guy but you being a husband, father, and working a full time job isn't an excuse for making a 2.36. There are plenty of older people with families that succeed and often do better than the average student. My own father got his degree from ERAU while flying full-time and being a father and husband and he had a 3.9 GPA. You may have drive but trying to blame your GPA on the fact that you're not a normal college student seems like a cop out.

Keep driving forward and get those grades up and you could come out on top.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
I'm not trying to say that those are the reasons I did poorly. I was unfocused and unmotivated and immature the first couple years of college. But with all the responsibility I have now, I have focused on what is important and am more driven to ensure that I reach the goals I want.

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
If you were unfocused and unmotivated don't say crap like this

My GPA may not be the greatest up on the boards, but I know that my drive, determination, and heart that I can give in service as a pilot pales all others by comparison.

You make it seem like you're more motivated than anyone else who wants to be a pilot in the Navy and by your record it's complete BS. There are kids who start from the get-go in high school to make sure they have the grades and the extracurriculars to get in to USNA or NROTC. Then there are college students who give it their all from the start to make sure they can get into OCS. If you're going to say you're motivated, say it with your actions, not your words.

-END VENT

Status
Not open for further replies.