• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The return of barefoot running....now with Five Fingers!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The point is valid, just the mechanism prescribed by the author is not optimal. The squadron just needs to have a culture that doesn't mess with one's flight box. If that requires a uniform change to enforce it, then so be it. I know the HTs had a thing a few years back where they took their patches off going into the brief to signify they were off limits for admin from that point on. It's really just a matter of maintaining that self-discipline by whatever means. Preferably, people don't get stupid about bugging guys about to fly. If that's a problem, then you have to start doing things to reinforce good habits.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
I ran the AFC Half Marathon this weekend in Saucony Kinvaras (7.7 ounces) and felt great afterward. Not quite as minimalist as Five Fingers, but kind of a transition shoe. I thought I was something until I saw guys and girls running the race in Five Fingers (baller) and then I saw a guy run the whole thing totally barefoot (gangster).