• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

the process....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
First to go as in not given out in the first place, or first to go as in TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU???

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
I know this is an old thread, but I also wanted to ask if anybody knows the pilot academic requirements in college. Isn't one physics? I'm about to talk that my junior year of high school.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Also, can somebody outline some basic info regarding the tests and exams required?

Taz24th

Proud member of Class 903
I like your enthusiasm towards your dream of flying the Tomcat. It reminds me of myself five years ago. We have a Sea cadet unit by the Naval Reserve Base by me, but it's more or less a JROTC Nazi thing. If you want the Naval academy it'll look good on the resume. That's about it. If you maybe lack the discipline for military life, then I would reccomend it. The best advice I can tell you is to work your butt off and get into a good college. Once your there get the best GPA you can (It is the most important part of your selection) in a major such as engineering or technology. Remember your competing against everyone in the Academy, OCS, and NROTC unit midshipmen so you gotta want it more than all of them. Period!!!
Now, I was on active duty this summer at NAS Oceania and found out the lowdown on the F-14 situation. All the 6 remaining squadrons are there, and most are going to start transitioning to the F-18E "Stupid Hornet" (no offense to the fellow Charlie modeln hornet drivers) sometime next year. I wanted to fly the F-14 since I first saw at the sirshow as a kid. Researchin her for most of my life, I know that she the best fighter that was ever designed, and the Navy will regret retiring her. Grumman F-14 Tomcat- "ANYTIME BABY", and isnt it the truth.
I don't know if many know, but there was a strike fighter version of the Tomcat that was put on Congress's doorstep, called the Tomcat 21 Project (21st century Tomcat). But lobbists in Congress, known as the "Hornet Mafia" kept pushing the problems that the currents Tomcats have with maintenance downtime and the compressor stalls in the Aplha models leading to many aircraft losses, and the in creasing costs to keep her the olderairframes in the air. But hey man the bottom line is that whatever you fly (Jets, Helo, Multi-props) your still doing your duty, protecting the country. That's all that really matters is saving and defending peoples lives. So go get em' kid and I'll see ya in the fleet. FLY NAVY!!!!

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
7 years til its gone
yeah i heard about the tomcat 21
i'd like to go into aeronautical engineering but i'm not sure if its a major at usd or ucsd

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
If you do NROTC or USNA, major in something that you are going to enjoy! The advantage you get at selection time for being a tech major is usually undermined by the fact that your GPA is lower for having been a tech major.
I know form experience... pick a major you will enjoy, you will do better at it and enjoy college more.

Status
Not open for further replies.