• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The percentage of students that get jets.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Disclaimer: I am not in the navy or any service as a pilot/aviator
I have been lurking on these forums for a while while doing research on piloting careers and I came across several threads where someone asks about the percentage of students that get jets. Everyone without fail responds 42%. I thought this was simply a joke at their expense and to say that they shouldn't be thinking/worrying about what air frames they may or may not fly if they join the navy. This led me to perform more research and to my surprise the number of new pilots that received jets recently does in fact fall at just above 43%. Worth noting that this may change due to a larger gap in the number of pilots to the number of approved pilots that is seen in fighter aircraft compared to other aircraft types (49% of authorized pilot slots for the navy are fighter slots as of 2017).
Source is GAO-18-113 Appendix III

Read "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams, and report back to us with your findings.