• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Oops List

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Wow... interesting and sadistically amusing.

Seriously tho, there are some good pics in there... Only downside is that people lost their lives cuz of those crashes/incidents...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
It's not...

Hence the "Seriously..." part. I don't think people dying is funny at all. In fact, tho I think some of the photography is good, I actually find it disturbing that the only reason some of those pic exist is b/c of a fatal accident. I'd be happier if the pictured events never happened.

Tho I will admit, bad wording in my last post. Did not mean anything offensive.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TheBubba said:
It's not...

Hence the "Seriously..." part. I don't think people dying is funny at all. In fact, tho I think some of the photography is good, I actually find it disturbing that the only reason some of those pic exist is b/c of a fatal accident. I'd be happier if the pictured events never happened.

Tho I will admit, bad wording in my last post. Did not mean anything offensive.

You're killing me with this "tho" crap lol

IRfly

None
I particularly like the "F14 flyby" (16 down, second column)...Only 30 days grounding... and the "speed enforcement" pics (3rd column). No, officer, I intend to never again drive over 55.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Fly Navy said:
You're killing me with this "tho" crap lol

I think I'm starting to kill myself with that... comes from 4 years of instant messenger being my only link to the outside world...

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
ForecastingStone.jpg

So, are all the bases issued a weather stone?

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
Does anyone konw the story behind the "A6 Bad Eject" pics (1st column towards the top)? I assume since one of the pics mentions "Keith is unconcious" that he lived.
What's the story?

teufelsurfer

Helos in Paradise
I remember reading this during API in one of those flight mags.. for those too lazy to read the entire story, the pilot suffered a PARTIAL EJECTION... yes that's right, his rocket fired him halfway through the canopy and stopped... the extreme wind outside the cockpit knocked him out and messed up his arm/shoulder from his body flapping around like a rag doll in the slipstream..

I saw a similar event on the history channel, a commercial jet liner pilot had his window sucked out into the slipstream, which sucked HIM out of the cockpit and onto the canopy... his legs were tangled in the instrument panel and the controls, which kept him from leaving the a/c entirely and getting sucked into the engines.. crew managed to land and the guy actually survived.

incredible.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
The photo of the A-6 blowing the canopy its called "Fire photo 2.jpg" was on the Forestal in April 86. I know for a fact that no one was hurt. I was on a hose team that wasn't in the picture yet. Does anyone know where I can get more pics of that incident?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
JIMC5499 said:
The photo of the A-6 blowing the canopy its called "Fire photo 2.jpg" was on the Forestal in April 86. I know for a fact that no one was hurt. I was on a hose team that wasn't in the picture yet. Does anyone know where I can get more pics of that incident?

What happened?