• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

croakerfish

pilot
Best of luck to you as you wrap up your package.
279af1e2564b709adc8adb7bf4c2df3605906c143c472dd1df3b0027af5dacb0.jpg

Sache

So Intel is selective b/c the age restriction is milder than other boards...which means a bigger pool? Same for IW?

Seem like they would want a younger person in their 20s than someone in their 40s who would be close to retiring soon. I guess that only applies to the pilots.

bump

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

No, Intel/IW/IP programs are selective because hundreds of people apply and they only take anywhere from 10-40 people a year. Many people seek these programs as a way to get a TS-SCI clearance and work at NSA, FBI, CIA, etc. upon completion of service. Additionally, most selectees are either prior service or active duty.

Age has nothing to do for why IDC programs are so selective.

Halstead

No, Intel/IW/IP programs are selective because hundreds of people apply and they only take anywhere from 10-40 people a year. Many people seek these programs as a way to get a TS-SCI clearance and work at NSA, FBI, CIA, etc. upon completion of service. Additionally, most selectees are either prior service or active duty.

Age has nothing to do for why IDC programs are so selective.
So they use the Navy as a stepping stone and bump lifers out potentially

Halstead

okay...thank you all for the information.
I cannot what if this to death.

I do my part. You do yours.
Everybody is happy!

So they use the Navy as a stepping stone and bump lifers out potentially

I wouldn't question the service ambitions of those around you - they are just as valuable as you, despite some desiring to move on after four years. However you feel about the four-and-done crowd, they still served four years of their life in the Navy, which is something that deserves respect.

If you are selected/commissioned, you agree to a four year commitment with the Navy. A lot can happen in those four years that you cannot foresee at the outset. You may be 100% focused on being a lifer, but other opportunities may come along, or you may find that it's not all that and a bag of chips. I'd focus more on making your application as good as it can be before you submit to a board. Good luck on your OAR, and I would suggest toning it down a bit on these boards. The enthusiasm is great, but there's no need to be hostile towards the recruiters who are here on their own time giving people advice.