• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
All I know is I have recommendation letters from Capt. & Commander XO.
Great interviews and recommendation from the board ...the prof. board rec.
Okay, if you haven't taken the OAR yet, I'm pretty sure you haven't been professionally recommended by the board.
The steps go: you fill out your application, including the aptitude tests as required (in your case, the OAR), the application then goes to a board of officers who review it and others, they make a decision based on how many slots they can give away at that point, and they come back with either: "Pro-rec Y" which is a yes, Pro-rec N" which is a no, or "Pro-rec X" which means your application wasn't seen at that board for some reason (somebody effed it up along the way).

Halstead

You are welcome.

Good interviews and recommendations are a great addition to your package. However, I am a bit confused. You said in another thread that you were tak ing the ASTB/OAR test this morning? (You posted it last Thursday). If you haven't taken the test you could not have had your package submitted to a pro-board. Has your package been submitted and thus you got the Pro-Rec Y? Or did you have strong recommendations after having gone before a panel of officers? This clarification will help all of us in forming responses and answers to future questions.

I'm 40, single, childless, college educated & work on a Naval base as your bartender.
I have a OR I'm working with that recruits SEALS.

I have to take the O.A.R. portion of the A.S.T.B. as part of my package.

My OR gave me a submission date of June

Halstead

I'm 40, single, childless, college educated & work on a Naval base as your bartender.

In which I felt was too much of a rush, and would rather appropriately seek and receive my interviews, letters and ensure a completed package opposed to a "rushed in" package.
I then chose to submit my package in this coming August.
My OR said I could expect OCS by the end of the year.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor

Roger that. BLUF, you do not have a Pro-Rec. Best of luck to you as you wrap up your package. Just remember, relax. Every single person on this board has put or is putting together a package whether as applicant or recruiter. Relax and I promise you things will go much easier.

exNavyOffRec

I then chose to submit my package in this coming August.
My OR said I could expect OCS by the end of the year.

That would be pretty fast, there are guys that were given the thumbs up by the board last August time frame that still don't have an OCS date.

You said your recruiter primarily recruits SEALs, I wonder if you haven't happen to stumble on an enlisted recruiter that is trying to help you out, it is extremely rare for an OR to just recruit SEALs since the numbers are small and the board is just once per year, if that is the case try and connect with an actual OR, in many cases they are CPO's or LT's

Halstead

That would be pretty fast, there are guys that were given the thumbs up by the board last August time frame that still don't have an OCS date.

You said your recruiter primarily recruits SEALs, I wonder if you haven't happen to stumble on an enlisted recruiter that is trying to help you out, it is extremely rare for an OR to just recruit SEALs since the numbers are small and the board is just once per year, if that is the case try and connect with an actual OR, in many cases they are CPO's or LT's
He is enlisted Lt., but will be leaving soon.

Halstead

I have a Master Chief that is helping, a Lt. Cmdr., Cmndr. XO, Capt. Chief, CPO, I am getting alot of help and support, afterall, It is competetive and I am going in with a waiver or two.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
TYou said your recruiter primarily recruits SEALs, I wonder if you haven't happen to stumble on an enlisted recruiter that is trying to help you out, it is extremely rare for an OR to just recruit SEALs since the numbers are small and the board is just once per year, if that is the case try and connect with an actual OR, in many cases they are CPO's or LT's
My recruiter was an EM1. I just assumed they were called Officer Recruiters since they're recruiting officers, not that they necessarily were officers. Of course, an LT was there at the end to swear me in and take care of some paperwork, but most of my face time was with EM1. In retrospect, he could've been working on behalf of the LT, but six of one, half dozen of the other, I suppose.

He is enlisted Lt., but will be leaving soon.
He's either enlisted or an LT, by definition you can't be both since LT is an officer rank, not an enlisted rank. Unless you meant he's an LT who recruits for the enlisted ranks (sending people to boot camp instead of OCS), which would make sense, since as NavyOffRec said, if he recruits SEALS he'd have a lot more business on the enlisted side.

Halstead

My recruiter was an EM1. I just assumed they were called Officer Recruiters since they're recruiting officers, not that they necessarily were officers. Of course, an LT was there at the end to swear me in and take care of some paperwork, but most of my face time was with EM1. In retrospect, he could've been working on behalf of the LT, but six of one, half dozen of the other, I suppose.

He's either enlisted or an LT, by definition you can't be both since LT is an officer rank, not an enlisted rank. Unless you meant he's an LT who recruits for the enlisted ranks (sending people to boot camp instead of OCS), which would make sense, since as NavyOffRec said, if he recruits SEALS he'd have a lot more business on the enlisted side.
he recruits pilots too and helo. pilots

Halstead

If that is for me....I am not the recruiter, I am willing to adapt, train and get in where I fit in.

My recruiter has full control of his expertise in placing me where he feels I best fit.

Halstead

If he wants me to train as a female SEAL..I have no issue with that.
If he wants me to participate and get waterboarded in SERE training...I have no issue with that.

I want a full 20 yr. career with the Navy...the rest is out of my control.