• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Neverending Callsign thread (Best/Worst/Funniest and where they came from)

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Have a 9mm mag fall out of your weapon somewhere on Bagram AB, (leaving you with only two) will result in a call sign shift to "Jimmy Two Clips".... :(

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
"CHT" - which in addition to the shoe's definition stood for Can't Hover or Talk.

badger16

None
SWAT- Slept With A Transvestite.

I can't remember where I heard that but it has to be an awesome story! ;)

MasterBates

Tranny- Slept with one.
OBOGS- Owned By Obese Girlfriend Stacy
Khan- got a bug in his ear during a weapons hop.
BDA = Big Dumb Animal
Bubbles = Default ex submariner callsign

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Overheard two IP's talking about this in Primary, I have no idea if they're real or not but apparently they're the only callsigns that stuck from Primary that these two had heard about...
Tumbleweed - walked too close to the rear of a C-12 doing a runup
Caucasian - hooked up with an Asian tranny.

Funny you say that, because that sounds like 2 callsigns for the same person. He was first Gaysian (hooked up with the gay asian) and the second was Tumbleweed (got knocked over on the flight deck and pretty bruised up by walking too close to a Hornet)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bubbles = Default ex submariner callsign

A slight variation was a former sub guy who happened to be Hispanic, his callsign was Burbs (burbujas=bubbles). His partner in crime, a former SWO, was Zap (zapato).

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
So, after a succession of callsigns, LT Rhino WSO ends up with "Gobbler". Not really a funny story to get to that point. Well, he misspells callsign in ONE little e-mail, and forevermore is known as "Goobler". Hates callsign. Lets everyone know it. Gets pathological about, so Skipper sits the wardroom down and says "We need to give Goobler a new callsign. Soon. Like, before he climbs the clock tower and starts shooting." New callsign: INGA. I'm Not Goobler, Asshole.

LT takes a ton (~8 weeks) of leave enroute between FRS and fleet sqrdn. Checks in to new command. All his gear is marked with new callsign: WAYD. Where Are Ya, Dude?

Also,
Callsign "Pink" last name "Floyd"
Name: Jim Jones. Callsign: "Rev"

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
So, after a succession of callsigns, LT Rhino WSO ends up with "Gobbler". Not really a funny story to get to that point. Well, he misspells callsign in ONE little e-mail, and forevermore is known as "Goobler". Hates callsign. Lets everyone know it. Gets pathological about, so Skipper sits the wardroom down and says "We need to give Goobler a new callsign. Soon. Like, before he climbs the clock tower and starts shooting." New callsign: INGA. I'm Not Goobler, Asshole.

LT takes a ton (~8 weeks) of leave enroute between FRS and fleet sqrdn. Checks in to new command. All his gear is marked with new callsign: WAYD. Where Are Ya, Dude?

Also,
Callsign "Pink" last name "Floyd"
Name: Jim Jones. Callsign: "Rev"

You can accrue 8 weeks of leave?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Funny you say that, because that sounds like 2 callsigns for the same person. He was first Gaysian (hooked up with the gay asian) and the second was Tumbleweed (got knocked over on the flight deck and pretty bruised up by walking too close to a Hornet)
Guess it was you I overheard then, either that or this subject is somewhat famous (go figure).

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Let's see... We've had one guy down here go through about 4 callsigns in the past month...

-Shirley was a storyless carryover from primary.
-Frodo for his hairy feet.
-Purge because he puked on his first tacform flight. The bag broke. He got it into a second bag. That bag also broke...
-Luise because the most vulgar thing he could come up with on his first trap was "Geeze Luise." He was kind enough to transmit it over tower.

Shpion1

Contributor
Short Bus: S-3 Pilot not known for mental sharpness.

- 8pm on friday, Commodore calls and tells me I'm flying with him on the JFK next morning to brief the admiral, meet the COD at 6am. I'm sick as a dog but, heck, he's the commodore. At the boat, we're making circles for about 45 mins, getting hot, semipuke, swallow, repeat. Never blew before in a plane in 15 years. (Note, ALWAYS flew with a bag, Not this time)Before the 3rd go around, I decide that if I blow, he's getting it too. Thus, for the next 4 months I was known as CHUNKS by the Commodore at all DH meetings, and as HERO by the other guys.

(side note, while smoking on the sponson wearing borrowed bag from a Hawkeye LTJG friend, boats CMC looks at the shoulder bar, then at my name patch (LCDR) and goes...CDR, think you're out of uniform...."Master Chief, I just got done with Admiral's mast with Adm Bullard, he busted me 2 paygrades....He turns a couple different shades then walks away.

The Adm did think it was funny....:icon_tong