• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Monster COD thread (homage to the C-2A Greyhound)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
That's not how platform selection works anymore. Search around for threads about tailhook selection.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do it, man. CODs are the best-kept secret in Naval aviation. The perks of Boat life, but with much less Boat. Though SB is right - you can't select CODs out of Primary. Call us back when you're in T-45's.

Bunky?

navy09

None
Is there anyone who can tell me if selection for the COD is competitive these days? Also what the COD life is like after you hit the fleet. I would like for the C-2/E-2 to be my first choice and jets second and helos third.

You're a fracking 4/C Mid! You're at least 5 years away from selecting your airframe. This kind of stuff is constantly in flux so you can't possibly hope to get relevant gouge for when you're in flight school.

Your priorities should be commissioning, getting drunk, and enjoying school (in that order).

MasterBates

You select E or C at the start of the RAG after going the E2C2 route of the TH pipeline.

And it's normally a "pull card out of hat". I wanted C2, my card was pulled last. E2s for me.

It's random chance.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that how they're doing it now? Lame. When I went through the RAG (being this was in Systems when the pilots and FOs were still together), one of the Stucon guys came in, said something to the effect of: we've got 8 E-2 spots and 2 COD spots, we're going to leave the room for ten minutes and let you guys haggle, decide who's going CODs by then or we'll decide for you.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
If you get tailhook and want E-2/C-2 at the end of phase 1 you will get it.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
If you get tailhook and want E-2/C-2 at the end of phase 1 you will get it.

+10000, I have yet to meet the mythical "guy who wants E2/C2's" in the tailhook pipeline that everyone keeps talking about. I heard there might be one in Krock....

cmhumphr

CuMhUmPeR
You're a fracking 4/C Mid! You're at least 5 years away from selecting your airframe. This kind of stuff is constantly in flux so you can't possibly hope to get relevant gouge for when you're in flight school.

Your priorities should be commissioning, getting drunk, and enjoying school (in that order).

I know I still have a long way to go, I was just wondering what route I have to take and what needs to be done academically. I've been told you can select props with mediocre grades, and others said I need jet grades to get the slots.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just wait 'til you get a Sweet Young Thing and she's nagging you to pick P-3's because "she read somewhere" that you'd be home more.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I know I still have a long way to go, I was just wondering what route I have to take and what needs to be done academically. I've been told you can select props with mediocre grades, and others said I need jet grades to get the slots.

If you want E2/C2 you need jet grades, 50 NSS or above out of primary. Once you select tailhook, you will do the first stage of training in the T-45, and then select E2/C2 out of there. Completely seperate pipeline in terms of selection from the P-3/props/multiengine program, though you would do you last stage of training in T-44's down in Corpus alongside the future P-3 dudes.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
One, you have a long way to go. Two, if you were to select tailhook, wait and see how you like flying a jet and then decide.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
+10000, I have yet to meet the mythical "guy who wants E2/C2's" in the tailhook pipeline that everyone keeps talking about. I heard there might be one in Krock....
I've known 3 in the Rock so far. If I get E-2/C-2 I would be happy, but if there was a guy in my selection class who wanted it I would buy him drinks for the rest of his life.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

you can select swo with mediocre grades, douche.