• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Monster COD thread (homage to the C-2A Greyhound)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
So are the aforementioned patches indicative of what is worn out there in the fleet, or are these special?
As stated above, the Tailhook reference patches were not permitted. The fat chick one is good for cruise. You generally won't find things like these walking around Oceana or North Island. They are representive of the creativeness and humor that goes into many of the patches you see out there.

codtanker

United Airlines
pilot
Although not as bad

Good patch, with just a hint of sarcasim allowed. This one was actually approved by CAG I believe.

Attachments

• Monopoly Patch.jpg
    Monopoly Patch.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 293

Coota0

None
C-2 Question

Can you rig a C-2 for jumpers, so that you could either HALO/HAHO or static line jump from one? If you could rig it is there any reason you couldn't launch or recover one on a carrier?

MasterBates

<----- While I am switching to E2C2 from HSL, I have not actually flown them. There have been para drops, but I don't know how the aircraft is rigged for them.

From being a semi-frequent flyer of Codfish Airlines, I would think that they could just jump out the ramp, like in a C130.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Per the C-2 NATOPS:

Personnel, combat rubber raiding craft, and air cargo drops are authorized for the C-2A aircraft....can carry 14-20 personnel and deliver them via static, free fall, or HALO methods. Their are no restrictions for carrier ops that I know of. I am new to the RAG and by no means an authority. My understanding is that they dont use the COD in that capacity.

MasterBates

Much like Hellfire and HSL, the capabilty is there, but is probably not used that often.

I forget wether it was a thread or maybe in chat, but I think Bunky was posting how it was a qual that people used to get. Then again, he also landed on the boat at night. Bunky is weird like that.

Pcola, how's the RAG?

Pcola04/30

pilot
More laid back than K-rock.....not as good as the guys next door. Still waiting to Fly that ugly b!tch. Maint. here is a working on some issues.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gents,
Specifics on maintenance readiness rates of fleet aircraft will not be discussed here. Welcome to the fleet, what you fly now means something to Ahmed et al.

Pcola04/30

pilot
Best of luck making the may class.....Krock will be a blast(the flying that is)....even if you are in the middle of nowhere.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
If you look carefully in "Tears of the Sun", you can clearly see Bruce Willis and Co jump out of a C-2.

This is, of course, before the two JV Hornets blow the living sh!t out of the bad guys with a couple AMRAAMs ;)

MasterBates

What I found funny was they evac'ed all those people in 60B's (the most cramped interior of all 60 series).

But, HSL-37 is in Hawaii and was available.

KSUFLY

pilot
Best of luck making the may class.....Krock will be a blast(the flying that is)....even if you are in the middle of nowhere.

Pcola, how long were you in Kingsville? I'm really looking forward to flying the T45. Hope to see you in the fleet in a couple years.