• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Mighty P-3 - "Subservience Plane"

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I wonder what genius decided to present the MK-58s and what looks like SUS or MK-25s in their "loadout" pic. Ooohh, not the dreaded Marine Location Marker of death!

Ohhhhh! The terror! 30 MLM's! Probably more than the entire years' allotment these days for the Wing. Seriously, you could get a nasty cut from peeling back a Mk-58...

Sky-Pig

Retired Cryptologic Warfare / Naval Flight Officer
None
"Subservience Plane"...honestly, that's a better try than most FNG PAOs trying to write up an article about the mighty Orion. It took me a while to learn to correctly spell "Surveillance" and "Reconnaissance". It also captures the whole "Red-Headed Step Child" aspect of P-3 aviation ;)

And as a former EP-3 bubba...don't forget about the deadly ALD-9 TFOA high-altitude bombing campaigns...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If AQ in Yemen ever figures out how to call base ops and register a noise complaint, then it'll be game over for these subservience flights...

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Subservience Plane"...honestly, that's a better try than most FNG PAOs trying to write up an article about the mighty Orion. It took me a while to learn to correctly spell "Surveillance" and "Reconnaissance". It also captures the whole "Red-Headed Step Child" aspect of P-3 aviation ;)

And as a former EP-3 bubba...don't forget about the deadly ALD-9 TFOA high-altitude bombing campaigns...

A couple months ago the commodore came through the squadron spaces, and the ASDO dutifully announced, "Commander Patrol and RENAISSANCE Wing 11, arriving." I just about cried I was laughing so hard.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Ohhhhh! The terror! 30 MLM's! Probably more than the entire years' allotment these days for the Wing. Seriously, you could get a nasty cut from peeling back a Mk-58...
And I STILL remember the NATOPS data on the MK-58 . . . and the MK-25, MK-84 . . .

Flugelman

Contributor
I wonder what genius decided to present the MK-58s and what looks like SUS or MK-25s in their "loadout" pic. Ooohh, not the dreaded Marine Location Marker of death!

Don't turn your nose up at what we used to call the PDC (Practice Depth Charge). We had a P2 crew mark on top and signal an attack with 2 separate PDC releases at which time the target sub was supposed to "give up" and surface. When he didn't the AO in the afterstation tied 4 PDC's together (on his own) and dropped them on the next on top. The combined detonation damaged the periscope shears and there was hell to pay in the next few days.:eek: