• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Mighty P-3 - "Subservience Plane"

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I wonder what genius decided to present the MK-58s and what looks like SUS or MK-25s in their "loadout" pic. Ooohh, not the dreaded Marine Location Marker of death!

At least now they could throw in the Mav and SLAM-ER to make it look cooler.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
We've got mines and some fancy new(ish) torps, too.

Basically, that whole picture just sucks. I bet it was taken in Jax.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I didnt even know we were stilly flying those archaic planes.... good lord, that can't be safe.

statesman

pilot
Hey, it's OK to hate on the P-3, leave NIP out of it!
Speaking of your precious NIP, I'm going to crush your runway tomorrow Lumpy... With like a 43 ACN... just be glad I dont need any PARs, or I would be using it as an excuse to do touch and goes.

BUDU

A couple months ago the commodore came through the squadron spaces, and the ASDO dutifully announced, "Commander Patrol and RENAISSANCE Wing 11, arriving." I just about cried I was laughing so hard.

Do you fly with tights and codpieces?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
this would be a more appropriate weapons loadout...

slider_burritos3.png

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
this would be a more appropriate weapons loadout...
Or maybe this "French Style" loadout for the Mighty WarPig?;)
Bidet-2.jpg

*After all, VA-25 not only loaded this, but dropped it in Uncle Ho's backyard, to boot!:eek:
KRAPPER_1.jpgva25specbomb-017a.jpgva25specbomb-010a.jpg
BzB

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Speaking of your precious NIP, I'm going to crush your runway tomorrow Lumpy... With like a 43 ACN... just be glad I dont need any PARs, or I would be using it as an excuse to do touch and goes.

Were you one of the knuckleheads who tried to take off during quiet hours during the VP-30 COC with CMPRG on the stage to speak, we're you?

So an ACN of 43 means you a P-3 at max gross weight or P-8 with 10 mins of fuel on board...

Since the PCN at the worst part is 24 , you'll be less than 200% of the max load bearing capability of the runway!!

statesman

pilot
Were you one of the knuckleheads who tried to take off during quiet hours during the VP-30 COC with CMPRG on the stage to speak, we're you?

So an ACN of 43 means you a P-3 at max gross weight or P-8 with 10 mins of fuel on board...

Since the PCN at the worst part is 24 , you'll be less than 200% of the max load bearing capability of the runway!!

Whats a P-3? Is that one of those decrepit 4 engine disasters I see taking off as an emergency aircraft? I flew one of those back in the day... something about G-FAS-G, and Prop Pump 1 light on 2.... I dont quite remember...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
As someone who's qualed in both and flies both, you really don't know what you're missing. The P-8 is a great bird, but you can't fly it like the P-3 and throw it around. It's a pilot's plane:).