• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The great NWU's

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
You can machine wash CNTs. Trust me, I did it for 16 years......

Also dry them on low heat (or air-only) in the dryer and they don't need ironing if you hang them up right away. (Polywools too, not just CNTs.) I never felt the compulsion that my military creases should be sharp enough to cut glass and my CNTs would look fine with only minimal care on my part.

I liked that CNTs were so low maintenance. Their downfall was that they were pointlessly uncomfortable in typical FL summer (and VA... and just about anywhere warm).

exNavyOffRec

This particular CMC was highly encouraged to seek orders elsewhere eventually. The front office had to get the ducks in a row first, so it took time, but it did happen.

The good ones seem to get pulled early to fill those important jobs, the ones that aren't seem to sit until their PRD or they screw up bad enough to go away.

Renegade One

None
R1,
Command Master Chief (now called CMDCM) life has changed quite a bit since your time. Some CMDCMs get their own 1-man/woman staterooms aboard the CVN.

-ea6bflyr ;)
I'm sure "life" has changed. I wonder if intended "role(s) and responsibilit(y/ies)" have also changed all that much.

I'm perfectly happy for the 1-person stateroom thing, as long as the CAGMO, CAGOPS, and dozens of assorted and sundry ship's company and embarked Staff/squadron personnel are similarly happy. I expect the newer ship's were/are being built with more to go around?

exNavyOffRec

I'm sure "life" has changed. I wonder if intended "role(s) and responsibilit(y/ies)" have also changed all that much.

I'm perfectly happy for the 1-person stateroom thing, as long as the CAGMO, CAGOPS, and dozens of assorted and sundry ship's company and embarked Staff/squadron personnel are similarly happy. I expect the newer ship's were/are being built with more to go around?

Not sure on smaller ships but on CVN's the ship's CMC would have his own room, not sure how long this had been in effect and if was all CVN's but I know this was the case from the mid 80's forward.

Some of the newer smaller ships CPO's are in 2-6 man rooms.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, pretty sure the regulations were specifically designed to accommodate whatever YOU think …Lieutenant. ;)
Your avatar/profile "motto" sez it all to me….good luck with that.

Actually you're right, as Lieutenants pretty much run the Navy these days.

imagesqtbnANd9GcTiX6sQrKRjv30D5TlgV_zps9c928d1f.jpg