• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flew the Boeing E/F and G portable flight sims with full OFP loads today at demo at the Pentagon. Very nice, lots of gucci stuff the beeps and sqeaks guys will love.

midhusker

Discovering my inner nerd-ness
It's a M1.8 plane according to the stats

You would be lucky to get a superhornet over mach 1 slick, let alone a growler with all that sh!& hanging on it. Maybe in a full grunt dive from 30k, but otherwise it is not going to happen.

FA-18 Mousse

Reserve Hornet Bubba
pilot
"Ahh, Maintenance. The jet is down here in Whidbey. We oversped the little 'prop thingees' on the wacky EW pods in the break!"

Lawman

None
Heres a question....

With the pylons being toe'd out on the Rhino like they are what is that gonna do about vibration to the pods and total flight hours of life for the electronics inside?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heres a question....

With the pylons being toe'd out on the Rhino like they are what is that gonna do about vibration to the pods and total flight hours of life for the electronics inside?

I asked the same question two years ago of an ECMO who was a Flight Test Engineer at Pax River and he said they did not know yet :eek: .

I certainly hope they have figured out by now........

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Does any one know how the introduction of a new airframe into the fleet affects SNA selection for intermediate in that particular community?

I.E. will the introduction of the new jet increase / decrease / not significantly affect the number of intermediate slots for jets?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does any one know how the introduction of a new airframe into the fleet affects SNA selection for intermediate in that particular community?

I.E. will the introduction of the new jet increase / decrease / not significantly affect the number of intermediate slots for jets?

It will not affect anything.

Brett

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
I asked the same question two years ago of an ECMO who was a Flight Test Engineer at Pax River and he said they did not know yet :eek: .

I certainly hope they have figured out by now........

My favorite quote dealing with this and other issues from the test community down at Pax was a play on the EA-18Gs tagline "Two proven systems - One Flexible Design".

"Two proven systems - one flexible design - plus a whole lotta other stuff."

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
As a side note, I don't know if there are any VT-86 reps looking at this thread (or how the strike vs strike-fighter pipelines look like these days), but it seems like it would make sense to put the G bound NFOs through that strike-fighter phase. Any insights there?

Brett

Brett, just to comment here...my class of 5 or so studs was the second class to do the re-attack portion of the S-F syllabus prior to selection and the subsequent transition to T-2's. During a brief at -86, CAPT Tack said that -129 requested it to start getting us ready for the future transitions. I believe button fully engaged.:D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett, just to comment here...my class of 5 or so studs was the second class to do the re-attack portion of the S-F syllabus prior to selection and the subsequent transition to T-2's. During a brief at -86, CAPT Tack said that -129 requested it to start getting us ready for the future transitions. I believe button fully engaged.:D

That's good to know. Someone is thinking ahead. Tell your squadron to make you the BFMC and HVAA SME. ;) How's 129 going for you (via PM)?

Brett

nocaster

Heres a question....

In a former life I was an AT and spent the better part of an enlistment swapping pods and transmitters on Prowlers. IIRC, the average life of a transmitter was only about 3 hours. It can't get much worse than that.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
In a former life I was an AT and spent the better part of an enlistment swapping pods and transmitters on Prowlers. IIRC, the average life of a transmitter was only about 3 hours. It can't get much worse than that.

Now, this is probably an OPSEC no-no, but, does that mean strikes are limited to 3 hours!?!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

That's absurd and inaccurate.

Brett