• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

feenix

Yes! Flight of the Intruder...that was what I was thinking when I posted my question, sorry about the mix up...and I had also done a search about expected dates and numbers for the EA-18, I was just wondering if anyone on here had some definite answers (as definite as one can be with the military).

"Moved out of USMC area, as they will not have any EA-18G airframes.

Brett"

I am confused, are you saying the USMC won't get any Growlers?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
That is correct, the Marine Corps will not receive any EA-18G Shockers (growlers), and the Electronic Attack mission for the Marine Corps will go away with the Prowler...

This thread needs a zapper
F18GshkrBlue.jpg

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
Yes! Flight of the Intruder...that was what I was thinking when I posted my question, sorry about the mix up...and I had also done a search about expected dates and numbers for the EA-18, I was just wondering if anyone on here had some definite answers (as definite as one can be with the military).

"Moved out of USMC area, as they will not have any EA-18G airframes.

Brett"

I am confused, are you saying the USMC won't get any Growlers?

Sounded pretty straight forward to me.

feenix

wow, when I first read about the growlers I thought I saw Marines would get them too, which is what prompted me to ask about it in the first place...sorry, it was straight forward...

To whomever gets to fly one, they look pretty awesome!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That is correct, the Marine Corps will not receive any EA-18G Shockers (growlers), and the Electronic Attack mission for the Marine Corps will go away with the Prowler...

Are you writing the Mariine Aviation Campaign Plan now?

A question from the uniformed.

The prowler has two pilots and two WSO's what is going to happen to the other two crew on the G model since obviously there be only 2 seats?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A question from the uniformed.

The prowler has two pilots and two WSO's what is going to happen to the other two crew on the G model since obviously there be only 2 seats?

The Prowler has 1 pilot and 3 NFO's. The front right seater is an NFO, and yet the FAA still considers us a two-piloted aircraft for approach purposes.......:D

Natural Selection.......they get to ride on the wings......;)

The Prowler has 1 pilot and 3 NFO's. The front right seater is an NFO, and yet the FAA still considers us a two-piloted aircraft for approach purposes.......:D

Natural Selection.......they get to ride on the wings......;)

So what you guys all get together and have fights to the death to determine who gets the magic seat ???

Will everyone from the prowler be able to move to the new a/c or will some people see the door coming?

I remember when the AF went from the F4 to the 15 and 16 and showed all our WSO's the door only to later have to find and try to recall them when the F15E came along.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what you guys all get together and have fights to the death to determine who gets the magic seat ???

Will everyone from the prowler be able to move to the new a/c or will some people see the door coming?

I remember when the AF went from the F4 to the 15 and 16 and showed all our WSO's the door only to later have to find and try to recall them when the F15E came along.

This has all been done to death. Do a search, or read this thread.

Brett

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Well, here's what one ECMO did.....or was it news that Brett was returning? Maybe she figured she wasn't going to make the cut....

bigfootvh0.jpg