• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Growler Gallery

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can't believe that thing has generated even semi-serious discussion. :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I always thought it was 250#/per w/ all their gear ... but I'll take more if I can get it ...

:D:icon_zbee

Eventually, these arguments will be moot or you be on receiving end as the UAS mafia will be talking about how much gas they saved by eliminating the pilot. If you look at Air Force trend, both pilot and "backseaters" will be sitting side by side in a nice air conditioning room at Creech sipping coffee as they watch the action on a video screen. Navy is moving that way as well....

ucas_takeoff_concept.jpg

Unless you're flying an E-2D or a MH-60R/S, you're likely to be watching your buds man up as you make your way to your console high in the overhead in the hangar bay.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Eventually, these arguments will be moot.... as ... both pilot and "backseaters" will be sitting side by side in a nice air conditioning room at Creech sipping coffee as they watch the action on a video screen ....
Yeah, but, yeah, but, yeah, but .... who are you gonna' go on Lib's with ... ???

Where's the core, the code, the honor ... ???

Where's the camaraderie .. ???

What would these guys say ... ???

lsoforever12dw8.jpg
mailedd21di3.jpg
melbournecatapultlaunchcr4.jpg
450vafh3.jpg
52in1972editedic3.jpg
postedd0005aj7.jpg
preflightvt4bz6.jpg
va52restorekj3.jpg

Sometimes .... I weep ... for the future of Naval Aviation.

kurtzdie4xf3.jpg

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
Yeah, but, yeah, but, yeah, but .... who are you gonna' go on Lib's with ... ???

Where's the core, the code, the honor ... ???

Where's the camaraderie .. ???

I have a solution that is the best of both worlds. All UAV operations worldwide would be commanded from a secure bunker at Cubi Point, PI. :icon_zbee

Flugelman

Contributor
I have a solution that is the best of both worlds. All UAV operations worldwide would be commanded from a secure bunker at Cubi Point, PI. :icon_zbee
Can I be Leading Chief??? Huh??? Can I.... Can I... Please...:D

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Being on the boat when the VX-23 dudes brought it out, and talking to the LSO's that were waving them. Experienced boat dudes too. In the hands of a nugget, the LSO speculation is grim.

Find it hard to believe it's going to be more challenging behind the boat than the Prowler is today.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Find it hard to believe it's going to be more challenging behind the boat than the Prowler is today.
Roger that: or more challenging than the A-4, A-6, A-7, C-1, C-2, EA-3, KA-3, KA-6, E-1, E-2, F-4, F-8, RA-5C, RF-8, STOOF, TA-4, T-2C ... etc., etc. ....

Whoa, I'm exhausted. Nap time ... :sleep_125

Did I miss anyone? Anyone I care about ?? Don't want to hurt anyone's feelin's ... :)

Just sayin' ... wake me up for lunch. :):sleep_125

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None

Couldn't tell you, haven't flown it. However from what they said, the wave off window was somewhere out in the middle. Now think, Nugget making a play for the deck on a hot Persian Gulf night. :eek:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Single Seat would rather die then accept help from a NFO.

I think you are right. I also think he'd rather fly a UAV then fly with an NFO. Don't worry Single Seat, we feel the same way about you! :D :D

-ea6bflyr ;)