• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Holding down Ft. Dunkin' today without ChuckMK23...got my trusty CWU-36/P NOMEX as well as my two plastic Timex watches that I purchased at the NASNI NEX in the late 1980's/early 1990's. The Timex on the left is a mechanical hand wind and the Timex on the right is a quartz. If I remember correctly, those plastic Timex watches cost about $10 -$20 each.

View attachment 15132

View attachment 15133

Mad Dog and I both noticed an entry in the NATOPS Jacket Flyers Equipment Issue Log and the Navy Logbook for Wristwatch, Navigation...

Did anyone ever receive a Navy issue watch?

brownshoe

Contributor
Mad Dog and I both noticed an entry in the NATOPS Jacket Flyers Equipment Issue Log and the Navy Logbook for Wristwatch, Navigation...

Did anyone ever receive a Navy issue watch?
Yeppers...I didn't get jack shit [regarding a wristwatch]. :(

I remember them. Never had one myself of course but I do remember seeing them. I can actually recall someone bitching about having to turn their watch in when they separated. Ron and/or Hughie would of course be able to supply more information. Sure miss both of them.:(

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Was able to meet up with ChuckMK23 for breakfast and the big NOMEX CWU-36/P party...with squadron/DET nametags, Randolph Engineering/AO sunglasses and a "Fun Meter" patch that I received from a USAF Herc driver about 25 years ago...good times! :D

Popped collars, bitches! :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
During the big NOMEX party (posted above)...I discovered another "thread disintegration location" on my CWU-36/P...so after parting ways with Chuck, I ran across the street to Dunkin' Donuts and fixed the discrepancy with my handy-dandy onboard sewing kit. :D

image.jpeg

Last edited:

danpass

Popped collars .......... living large :D

I finished this thread lol.

A couple of thread specific pics from my 2011 visit to NASPcola to watch the Blues practice and tour the Naval Aviation Museum.

Our Museum tour guide, a three-patcher+nametag helo driver.
I don't recall seeing anything on the back of the jacket, so it seems the Air Boss followed regs lol

NASPcolaMuseum-3878 by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

The leather jacket they had on sale at the time in the gift shop:

NAS_Museum_0024 by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

In the most popular size mentioned in this thread:

NAS Pensacola-3833 by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Man...repairing the frayed waistband of my almost 30 year old issued G-1 is sort of getting old...only one thing to do...have another Dunkin' and keep on sewin'. :D

image.jpeg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Man...repairing the frayed waistband of my almost 30 year old issued G-1 is sort of getting old...only one thing to do...have another Dunkin' and keep on sewin'. :D
Time to break out the fuzz buster on them arm cuffs:
M_41849_29441.jpg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Time to break out the fuzz buster on them arm cuffs:
M_41849_29441.jpg
Affirm, sir...I had the cuffs replaced a while back...the material (although good on color) has proven to be quite fuzzy after some wear. I believe the wife unit has one of those fuzz buster jobs somewhere around the house...time to go on a mission and attempt to find it.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
OK...I found the fuzz buster...it appears to have done the job (on the left cuff)..."PARTY ON, WAYNE! PARTY ON GARTH!"...time to have another Dunkin'...then I'll de-fuzz the right cuff. :D

@ea6bflyr...thanks for the fuzz buster recommendation. :D

image.jpeg
image.jpeg