• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
canopyroll.jpg

GREAT shot ... and it's one we/I often witnessed ... up close & personal ... just prior to completing the "high G" roll onto the Fox-4's '6' and calling:

"GUNS TRACKING ... GUNS TRACKING ... GUNS KILL !!!!"
:D

OH, GOD ... BE STILL MY BEATING HEART ... !!!! :D

phrogpilot73

Here's a quick and dirty clip.
That looks WAY cooler than shooting at a rusty barge/floating Tri-Wall/Sea Dye marker...

Here's a picture you don't see everyday:
dscf3188.jpg

SOUTHERN LEYTE, Philippines -- Members of the Taiwanese Rescue Team await transport on a CH-46E Sea Knight with Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 262 (Reinforced), 31st MEU, Feb. 23, after being pulled to safety when the team was trapped in deep mud during search and rescue operations on the site of a disasterous landslide. The pilots of the Sea Knight had to land the aircraft on the mud-soaked terrain. Throughout the rescue, the aircraft continuously sunk in the mud. After the team was safely aboard the aircraft, the Sea Knight lifted off and returned the Taiwanese safely to their base camp. (courtesy photo from Taiwanese Rescue Team)

phrogpilot73

One of my all-time favorites of the old girl:

061004-m-2740r-104.jpg

Marines of Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron-264 (Reinforced), 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, fly to a public relations event at the Salvation Army Youth Center in Petersburg, Va., Oct. 4, 2006. (Official USMC photo by Cpl. Jeremy Ross) (Released)

phrogpilot73

This kid's in my squadron, and I've flown with him. I didn't even know who his dad was until we were shooting the shit on ICS while waiting for the grunts... Even then, he downplays it. I believe it started because he mentioned growing up in Jacksonville, which lead to "are you a native or is your Dad a Marine." That of course led to him revealing that his Dad was a Phrog pilot, which lead to having to yank it from him that his Dad was a three star. He's a good kid and a great crewchief.

VIRIN2020060204-4220H-M-001.jpg

Lieutenant Gen. Emerson N. Gardner, Deputy Commandant for Programs and Resources, and his son, Lance Cpl. Nicholas M. Gardner, a crew chief for Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 774, pose in front of a CH-46 helicopter. The younger Gardner is deployed supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom serving as a crew chief in the same aircraft his father has piloted his entire career.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Today at Fallon

Lull between storms

Ambush downtime
Ambush.jpg

Visiting Ambush Flightline

Ambushlineup.jpg

Hummer line

Hummercloseup.jpg

VA-97 colors

VA-97.jpg

Gone, but not forgotten

SW.jpg

HJ Photos

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
Ah, Saltwells...a few sea stories have been generated at that place. At least that's what I've been told. Of course, I've never been inside :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fallon yesterday

Ah, Saltwells...a few sea stories have been generated at that place. At least that's what I've been told. Of course, I've never been inside :D

So that's what that place is all by itself except for another one equally abandoned on the other side of road with a derelict caddy out front. Yep, heard folks talk about it, but never went there of course! ;) Just passed by on the way to range in the past when it was intact. Didn't seem to be much activity during the day there. Maybe Cat or A4s or Old R.O. knows more about it.....

Another "What might this be...?" (on the way south to Nellis yesterday)

B-17.jpg

Another Hornet in the barn getting some love from maintainers

Hornet.jpg

And for the those who wanted to see more props

HP2000.jpg

HJ Photos

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
^^My guess...Looks like the "pop" point (Hwy 50) for about a 150 run-in on B-17. If so, there's a lot more "targets" out there now.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^My guess...Looks like the "pop" point (Hwy 50) for about a 150 run-in on B-17. If so, there's a lot more "targets" out there now.

Good answer. How about this legendary spot (also out that way)? Wish we had had time to stop but we were attempting to get to Nellis before the roads closed.

MG.jpg

HJ Photo

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
HJ...with all the time you're spending in the hinterlands of Nevada, I know you must have some pics of Area 51, flying saucers, and ETs to share!

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 18 December 2008

RVAH13_74.jpg

For those lovers of really heavy iron... Flint River 603, an RA-5C from RVAH-13, traps on board USS Ranger (CVA-61), summer '74.
(It isn't a 1-wire inflight arrestment... the hookpoint and the wire just happen to occupy the same sightline)

Status
Not open for further replies.