• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
May be a pod of some sort depending if this is a civvie or mil related. L3 Communications does a lot of contract work with their LJ's and that may be who it is.

Yep, looks like an AST-6 missile signal simulator pod. Used to fly with them a bunch doing fleet support.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I thought I kept getting the same little white jet yesterday, but upon inspection, this one seems to have a different pod. . .

IMG_6196.jpg

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Awesome pics...
Dumb question: Why was that guy dropping flares, and is that any sort of hazard around a refueling probe?

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Awesome pics...
Dumb question: Why was that guy dropping flares, and is that any sort of hazard around a refueling probe?

Because I asked him to, and he was willing to go along with a boomer's requests with the caveat that I email the pictures to him afterwards.

Nope, the basket is at least 10 feet in front of him; the flares eject sideways and to the rear. Besides, it's hard to start a fire when you've got 350+ MPH of wind-resistance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.