• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Good thing I didn't call it the "gun aiming thingy", Otherwise I would have caught some abuse.
Callsign for one of my squadronmates was "FAT". While going through the A-7E RAG, he was asking a question one day in class and couldn't remember the terminology for the Flight Path Marker on the HUD, so he called it that"F#&%ing Airplane There". FAT stayed with him after that.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Sharp eye! A friend and I got that photo out the window of a C-150M last week in the frigid air, good times..
You should consider submitting that pic to Soaring Magazine. It's a great photo. It's a good bet that it would be published!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
You should consider submitting that pic to Soaring Magazine. It's a great photo. It's a good bet that it would be published!

That is a very expensive chunk of carbon fiber.........big boy toys. Hell all I want for Christmas is a PW-5

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Made little difference to me... MiG-15 Faggot, MiG-17 Fresco, MiG-19 Farmer, or MiG-21 Fishbed.

If it is in strange colors and is shooting at you and/or turning on you, it is probably hostile, I think.
So shoot and kill it!

Hard to tell for sure from the pictures (and without another one next to it), but if the wing has one sweep angle (the same from root to tip) and anhedral, then it's probably a MiG 15. If the wing has two sweep angles (more sweepback from the root to about half span, then less sweep for the rest) and no dihedral, then it's probably a MiG 17. The MiG 15 had a thicker wing too, but that difference can be subtle.

/nerd

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
An F-4 Phantom II of Fighter Squadron (VF) 111 off the carrier Coral Sea (CVA 43) drops bombs over Vietnam on November 25, 1972, forty-one years ago today.
Ahh yes, LINEBACKER II, our resident Phantum Dude Catmando, was there at the same time, with VF-151 off USS Midway, Coral Sea's sister ship, and has interesting TINs to spin!:eek:
F-4B_VF-151_CV-41_TU-95.jpg
BzB

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My old man. Whiting Field 1952. His grandson soloed soloed off the same runway 50 some years later.
Yo Rocketman, love those Grandpa/GrandSon/G'Daughter Naval Aviator stories! I have 9 G'Kids... maybe someday..... ?
Da "JOPA Bee"
c2td.jpg

Attachments

• Hugh's 'Garfish 512' VA-55 - CVA-14 - 1961.JPG
    Hugh's 'Garfish 512' VA-55 - CVA-14 - 1961.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.