• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
CV9.jpg

View of the carrier Essex (CV 9) underway off the Gilbert Islands as viewed from another carrier on November 29, 1943, seventy years ago today.

Homer J

F-35 bomb release.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps test pilot Capt. Justin Carlson executes a successful weapons separation test from F-35C Lightning II aircraft CF-2 Nov. 18. Carlson ejected the 2,000-pound GBU-31 from CF-2 at an altitude of 10,000 feet during a 30-degree dive and at a speed of 0.92 Mach. (Photo courtesy of Lockheed Martin)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
View attachment 13152

U.S. Marine Corps test pilot Capt. Justin Carlson executes a successful weapons separation test from F-35C Lightning II aircraft CF-2 Nov. 18. Carlson ejected the 2,000-pound GBU-31 from CF-2 at an altitude of 10,000 feet during a 30-degree dive and at a speed of 0.92 Mach. (Photo courtesy of Lockheed Martin)
Big deal,
I once ejected a 45# DICASS at 200 feet, doing 0.29 Mach...
Beat that!
Pickle

Renegade One

None
Not this particular one as we just found it and the Jr Marine aviator of the family has already moved on to the fleet.

He did work on replicating this one with his fleet jet.....

And this one.....(with an AD at the P'cola museum)
You know, I'm assuming these are original photos…got any versions of the "re-do attempts" you can post? Would love to see the "tribute photos".

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
You know, I'm assuming these are original photos…got any versions of the "re-do attempts" you can post? Would love to see the "tribute photos".

Yea those were the original pics. I'll see if I can get clearance to post the re-do's but based on past requests that may get shot down. Poor boy he's ugly like his daddy not purity like his grandfather.......

Homer J

VF-103.jpg

F-4B Phantom II aircraft of Fighter Squadron (VF) 103 pictured secured on the deck of the aircraft carrier Saratoga (CVA 60) as she plows through heavy seas in the Atlantic Ocean on December 2, 1967, forty-six years ago today.

On a personal note, I was three years old when this picture was taken. 23 years later, I was floating around the Red Sea on board the Saratoga during Operation Desert Shield.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Whoa mama. These days the flight deck would be on hard lockdown in those kind of seas. I would be laying in my rack, in the third hour of my nap.

Homer J

Trainers.jpg

SNJ Texans assigned to Basic Training Unit (BTU) 3 at Naval Auxiliary Air Station (NAAS) Saufley Field, Florida, pictured in flight on December 3, 1948, sixty-five years ago today.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
SNJ Texans assigned to Basic Training Unit (BTU) 3 at Naval Auxiliary Air Station (NAAS) Saufley Field, Florida, pictured in flight on December 3, 1948, sixty-five years ago today.
Looks like the trainers were all silver at that time. When I started primary some 7 years later, they had just replaced the SNJ with the T-34/T-28, and they were all painted yellow.:)
T-34B-1.jpg
BzB

Homer J

skyray.jpg

F4D-1 Skyrays lined up at Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Yuma, Arizona, during a concentration of squadrons participating in the Naval Air Weapons Meet on December 3, 1959, fifty-four years ago today.

Status
Not open for further replies.