• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
When my wife complains about all my "I love me" stuff, I reply "it's not my fault your career sucks" and then I bob and weave, bob and weave.

brownshoe

Contributor
When my wife complains about all my "I love me" stuff, I reply "it's not my fault your career sucks" and then I bob and weave, bob and weave.
Tryin’ to get around all of the empty alcohol containers? :D Frednecks are forever! ;) (btw… The Chief and I just had lunch at Barbara Fritchie’s a few days ago. Still good grub!)

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
I passed the barbara fritchie on my way down to La Paz the last time I was in town. I was unpleasantly underwhelmed with what I remember used to be really good tex mex.

brownshoe

Contributor
I passed the barbara fritchie on my way down to La Paz the last time I was in town. I was unpleasantly underwhelmed with what I remember used to be really good tex mex.
No shit! Sucks now. Know what I miss? ... The Brown Pelican, Snow White, White Star and Watson's... sigh....

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Watsons. Back when it was still next to W.T's!

I didn't know the brown pelican went under.

GroundPounder

Re-installed Flight Sim after about 2 years. Took these today and thought of BzB.

Yes I am a dork... why am I home from work you may ask? Spun the Vette' on the way in for early briefs (yes have pics too)~

8675848474_6b4983c57a_b.jpg

8675848182_bec0bf6012_b.jpg

Care to share the vette pics?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Re-installed Flight Sim after about 2 years. Took these today and thought of BzB.
Seeing your photos of that beautiful F-86, reminded me that on occasion, they have had a tragic side. On 24 September 1972, a private F-86 (N275X) on the airshow circuit, was taking off from Sacramento, CA Airport, suffered engine failure just after liftoff. Having no other recourse, the pilot ejected & barely escaped. Unfortunately, the Sabrejet bellied in past the runway... slid at high speed through a perimeter fence, across a highway, through a parking lot directly into a crowded Farrells Ice Cream Parlor, where many familys/children were celebrating children's birthdays. 22 lives were lost in the parking lot & inside the building, of which half were children. It was a dreadful disaster for the 'Sacto' community, as well as a slow death knell for the previously popular 120+ store Farrells chain, of which only one last store exists today.:(

It was sad for the lives that were lost, fortheir families, the community, and for a thriving business chain that bore no responsibility for the carnage that occurred on their property (although their were some "after the fact" inquiries, questioning the wisdom the of locating such a mini-mall so close near the extended centerline of a major airport runway".:confused:
N275X-Oct71.jpg Farrells - Sacto.jpg
*Google F-86 crash Sacramento for particulars.
Yes I am a dork... why am I home from work you may ask? Spun the Vette' on the way in for early briefs (yes have pics too)~
"Spun the Vette"? Hope no one injured, min damage... pix?:eek:
BzB

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor

8675848474_6b4983c57a_b.jpg

8675848182_bec0bf6012_b.jpg

Every time I fire up x-plane to 'practice course rules' I end up trying to fly the Habu from Flomaton to the break at Mach 2.3, or do loops around the Pensacola beach bridge in a P-51. I guess there are worse things to waste my time on.

exNavyOffRec

BzB,

Those are screen shots from my Flight Simulator ~

I'm ok... single car slide. I think I did about two full rotations. Almost pulled it out... after the 2nd rotation, and most speed gone, the 'Vette rolled, NASCAR style, slowly into the wall, ass-end first. I was driving too fast getting on the wet on-ramp (concrete to asphalt transition), with old tires (and a, thank you, 0645 brief)~ my bad, but all ok.

I am sure that will buff right out!, that is what my friend told me after I scraped one of those concrete barriers many years ago, and no it didn't "buff right out".

Status
Not open for further replies.