• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade One

None
Evolved in stages into... the beautiful and sweet flying FJ-4 "FURY"!:)
BzB
True dat. I actually had a former Boss who started out in the early-1950's VF community, and who shifted to VA later that decade. I asked him one time (over a cool adult beverage) why on earth he shifted to VA in the mid-1950s. His simple answer…"The FJ-4 had the biggest engine…and was the hottest airplane at the time!"

Can't argue with fighter-pilot mentality, I guess…however you spell the community. ;)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
True dat. I actually had a former Boss who started out in the early-1950's VF community, and who shifted to VA later that decade. I asked him one time (over a cool adult beverage) why on earth he shifted to VA in the mid-1950s. His simple answer…"The FJ-4 had the biggest engine…and was the hottest airplane at the time!"

Can't argue with fighter-pilot mentality, I guess…however you spell the community. ;)
Your former Boss was probably flying this beauty FJ-4B, the VA version of the Fury. Tougher, less slim wing to support 6-total ordnance stations, 2 dive brakes on each side of aft fuselage, and spec. wpns delivery gear (LABS). Wright J-65W-16A engine, 7,700# thrust (same engine as it's replacement, the A4D-2 Skyhawk in the late '50s).:)
FJ-4B VA-146.jpg -FJ-4B_VA-146-1960.jpg
BzB

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
That is a damn good looking plane. It just looks right. We made some beauties back in the 40s thru the 60s. Scooters, Tigers, Vigis, Corsairs...

Renegade One

None
Your former Boss was probably flying this beauty FJ-4B, the VA version of the Fury. Tougher, less slim wing to support 6-total ordnance stations, 2 dive brakes on each side of aft fuselage, and spec. wpns delivery gear (LABS). Wright J-65W-16A engine, 7,700# thrust (same engine as it's replacement, the A4D-2 Skyhawk in the late '50s).:)
BzB
Believe you are exactly correct. Thanks.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hail & Bail at my pad the other day~ fun times. Pretty sweet departing gift (in my opinion)~ I shall miss this tour, but time to be movin' on~

8667630229_71e1fc9f18_c.jpg

Fits nicely in the cave~ at least for a few more months before the PCS~

8667607227_0b721d9806_c.jpg
Nice "I luv me" cave ('cept fer all the 'clopters)!:p Just kiddin'... when the chips are down, I'm the biggest helo fan in town.:)
BzB

Status
Not open for further replies.