• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It gets worse, a bit further north......:)
banjos1.jpg

Flugelman

Contributor
I'm assuming the tilt-rotor is tilted forward for show only? Any Osprey drivers want to confirm?

-ea6bflyr ;)

I'm wondering if there is a way to lock the props (rotors?) in that position. I can see a gust moving an airfoil that large. :eek:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm wondering if there is a way to lock the props (rotors?) in that position. I can see a gust moving an airfoil that large. :eek:
Rotor brake? Most helos have a rotor brake and most turboprop aircraft have an automatic prop brakes....

-ea6bflyr ;)

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
I'm assuming they are like that for mx reasons. There were a couple of guys working on them earlier in the day. The Ospreys I've seen on static at airshows always have the engines tilted up on about a 45 degree angle. There must be a "brake" system involved though because it was pretty breezy out there.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Really? I'll have to go look up prop brake in my C-12 NATOPS.
I looked and the C-12 does not have a prop brake....I guess the slip rings and contacts act to slow down the prop during shutdown (along with feathering).

I'll change my statement to "most turboprops have a prop brake."

-ea6bflyr ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Answered my own question: The NFM says that the Osprey has an "electrically controlled, hydraulically operated rotor brake controlled by a two position ROTOR BRAKE handle."

-ea6bflyr ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.