• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Squorch, What are the green lights floating under the bird in the night shot? (over the water)
This is one of my favorite shots - a 30 second exposure (f/5.6, 420mm equiv.) from the, uh, area forward of the tower, on USNS Supply during night SAR jumps.

The green light is indeed the swimmer's chemlight as he rides on the hoist.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That's a Hotel, which always had the ability (ie, "legal" paperwork in the MRC deck) to take the doors off.

GroundPounder

Would have thought that no doors would be the way to go when flying over water, and the temperature made it bearable. It would seem to make egress go much quicker in the event of an emergency.

GroundPounder

Or make the wall of water gushing through door opening knock you around and injure you more.

And thats why they never asked my opinion on doors/ no doors. I'll try to stick with remembering the best way to pack a ruck sack and quit speculating about such things.
Makes sense when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.